Thursday, December 31, 2009

DAY 144 Choosing a Great New Year


Hello Journal & Friends,

This last year has been one of choices. 

The choice to be willing to change, to fight to get my health back by learning to eat responsibly and exercising. 

To be open to learning new lessons along the way... to being honest with myself as I face my stuff, instead of stuffing my face. Learning to DO it, not just talk about it. I stumbled along the way, but I learned.

I also learned that success does not depend AT ALL on how I feel. It is a choice. It is about Progress, not perfection.

I am not going to write all them here, now. My blog IS about what I am learning, living, choosing. 

So I just want to say thank you to all my fellow travelers on this journey to good health. I have appreciated your friendship more than I can say.


For your New Year, I offer this list of choices. Some of them, I have made good progress on. Some of them I am still learning.

New Year blessings on all of you!

CHOOSE to be at peace.

CHOOSE to follow your plan consistently.

CHOOSE to be patient with yourself if you don't follow your plan as well as you had hoped.

CHOOSE to focus on the positive, the beautiful, the hopeful, the miraculous.

CHOOSE to smile when you would rather scowl.

CHOOSE to relax and just enjoy yourself along the journey.

CHOOSE to aim for Progress, not perfection.

CHOOSE to live the new "healthy you" life--NOW!

CHOOSE an Attitude of Gratitude.

CHOOSE not to complain today--no, not ONCE, just for today.

CHOOSE to tell those you care about what you appreciate about them--TODAY.

CHOOSE to believe you are on the road to a new, wonderful, healthy, positive joy-filled life, and you will let NOTHING deter you from reaching your destination.



Enjoying the Journey into 2010,

Loretta
=^..^= 

5 comments:

dailyseeking said...

Happy New Year to you! Your blog has been a blessing to me--and your input on mine is also a blessing!

Anonymous said...

More time on the treadmill--LOL! That's pretty much how I exercise to DVDs on TV! lol

Your list of choices are wonderful! If I knew how to print them out--I would! so, instead, I'll reread them and just say, "Me, too!"

Happy New Year, friend!

Deb

Olivia said...

I think I'm gonna continue to 'choose' to read your blog all the time :) Cuz it is awesome!

Woohoo! 2010! I'm gonna make it awesome!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Happy New year Retta! I am glad to have met you here in bloggerland!

Retta said...

Hi Dailyseeking, Deb, Olivia and Nancy. Happy New Year to all my wonderful blogger friends. It's going to be an adventurous and successful New Year, I am just sure of it. :-D

Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails