Monday, December 14, 2009

DAY 127 Christmas Challenge & Scale Blip


Good Afternoon Journal & Friends,



I can't believe it's already Week 6 of the Countdown to Christmas Challenge! It's gone by fast. My goal was to exercise 5 days per week til Christmas, and then stop....... just kidding!!!! 

I am finally feeling like it's "normal", and plan to continue my exercise routine. I achieved my goal for this week... only 1 1/2 weeks to go. I am so glad that Bella (at Bella on The Beach, here)  started this challenge. It has helped me get consistent again with my exercise, and I feel good about that.

Today is also my normal Weekly Weigh-in. Result: 360, for a gain of 2 pounds. Normally, I would be writing Yikes! or something. But really, it's no biggee, just normal fluctuations of the body and um... internal food transit system. LOL!  I finished all my exercise, and did excellent on my calories all week. So, it'll catch up next week. 

I was thinking that is one more advantage for me of calorie counting... I KNOW without a doubt that I did great on the calories, and should've lost about 2 pounds. So there's no need to fret or stew or wonder "what happened". Kinda nice. 

Sure, I like to see the numbers go down as well as the next guy. But it's a waste of energy to over-react, when we know we did the right ACTIONS. And since I DID, I just have to shrug and roll with it. I enjoy Christmas too much to let a temporary number interfere.

Well, off to catch up on chores. I love the Christmas season, and am enjoying the decorations. Of course, my kitties are upset with any change, and keep nudging the decorations that are sitting on THEIR shelf! 

We have twinkling Christmas lights in the front of the house, which is pretty looking at it from the street. But my studio is in the back of the house, and I remarked to MyGuy last week that gee, maybe I should've put the lights in my studio window , so *I* could see them, too!

Well, yesterday MyGuy surprised me and hung twinkling lights in my studio window! They are so colorful and cheerful. I don't know which makes me smile more... that they are so pretty, or that he did that just for me!


From Dr Phil's book: "It's not just the specific weight you want to attain, but also the FEELINGS that you associate with it... what you really want is to feel better about yourself."

My verse for today: "His banner over me is love."

My quote for today: "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." --Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

6 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

You have such a great attitude! Glad your challenge is going so well for you. Doesn't it feel good to know you've stuck with it? It's a great accomplishment.

Retta said...

Thanks, Karen. There are days when I don't "feel" it, but do it any way. I know that later I am ALWAYS glad I did.
Loretta
=^..^=

Scarlet Simple said...

Retta! That was so sweet of him!

Also, congrats to you on that great attitude! You will drop those 2lbs for sure!

antgirl said...

Oh what a lovely surprise! The lights.


LOL I like your joke about stopping after Christmas.

I am so glad you're not freaking about the numbers. The body does fluctuate. Especially for us gals.

My cats love decorating for holidays. They always help me with Christmas and Halloween. They love hanging out with the carolers and the tree. Maybe because they're Christmas cats?

Christine said...

internal transit system lol.
love it.
You'll drop four by next week.
Keep up the great work loretta.

Retta said...

RUBY: Yeah, it was not a problem, since I knew exactly how many calories I ate. That sure helped!

MARY: And I have always been a big "fluctuator". But in the long run, it should even itself out.

CHRIS: At the calories I'm eating, I should be losing 2 lbs a week. So at LEAST 2 lbs next week! If not, I'd better call Roto Rooter for my internal transit system, LOL!

Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails