Tuesday, December 8, 2009

DAY 121 Toon Tuesday!


Hi Journal & Friends,

Yes, it's time for another....


And the Toon Tuesday Challenge continues!! Dust off your crayons,  sharpen those scissors, untangle your yarn, focus that camera lens, rinse out those paintbrushes, sharpen dem colored pencils! Lets have us some FUN on this journey to wellness. Let's not worry about the food parties and focus on loved ones and enjoying our journies! (Oh, and check out Alan's Toon Challenge and Giveaway over at Foolsfitness, here).

Last Thursday, Alan at Foolsfitness posted a great Toon of a mouse fighting a giant...?? foot (here) I loved it. He drew it first on paper, then colored it digitally (on his computer). WELL! I was intrigued. I don't have a stylus (a device to hold like a pen or brush) so I used my good ol' mouse, and went to town on a Christmas drawing. Drawing with the mouse was...well, challenging. Kinda like drawing with a brick.  But it was different, and I had fun. I have officially put a drawing stylus on my Wish List.

I originally created this illustration in black and white only, because it was part of a series done for a local newspaper. I thought it would be fun to try to color it digitally... and here are the before and after results (click to enlarge). 



I would love for anyone else to join us on Toon Tuesday... or Funny Friday... or Silly Saturday... or whatever day tickles your fancy. Use whatever medium you like. No need to be a "professional"... just enjoy yourself. If you are slow like I am, and start now, you might even get one finished by the year 2010! LOL!!

From Dr Phil's book: "It's about changing yourself from the inside out, so that being what is fit and healthy for you is as natural and as normal as breathing."

My verse for today: "... that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving."

My quote for today: "May you live all the days of your life." --Jonathan Swift

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


6 comments:

foolsfitness said...

Those colors came out really well!!! I love the blending that makes the leaves pop and the soft glowing light in the wreath.

Moreover the message is powerful. Happy holiday by the way... (Immaculate conception of Mary is today)

I don't have a stylus either. Maybe Santa will be good to me. I've fought using old programs for my graphics for years. I love "microsoft picture it" and "arcsoft photostudio" (they have served me well bouncing between the two I seem to be able to do most anything) but I'd love to get my hands on the CS3 package, a regular computer, and one of those drawing tablet things. Yet I have been very blessed with what I have too.

At Foolsfitness we love toon tuesdays, fun fridays, silly sat, wacky wed, merry mondays, and any chance to make art!!!- Alan

financecupcake said...

How fun! That's really neat you can digitally color things. I love your work, Loretta!

Retta said...

ALAN: You don't use a stylus??? Okay, now I am officially WAY impressed! I thought for sure you must use one. And I have trouble losing my black lines, they dulled under the layers of color, even though I lowered the opacity. Now I realize you must have put on the colors, and added the final black lines afterwards. Duh, LOL!

I have been dinking around in Photoshop Elements 3, the cheap shorter version of Photoshop, which my husband, who is a photographer, uses for his photos. I have been looking at Corel Painter, but it's still fairly spendy. You can do a free trial here, for fun: http://tinyurl.com/yz95kyc
This was fun, thanks for inspiring me to try it.

CHRISTINA: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! Hey, when are we going to see YOUR Toon Tuesday?? Does your Big boy like to finger paint?? You can join him. :-D

Loretta
=^..^=

antgirl said...

Beautiful Toon, Loretta!

I'll try to do something ... no promises. I can post up some of my old wallpapers maybe ... I can't get my editor program to work very well anymore. I used MGI. Can't find anything I like since. I'll keep looking. Any suggestions?

Christine said...

I'll start one today, maybe I'll have it finished by next tuesday.
lol.
I loved your owl Loretta, now I know why we have so much in common...we both love art.

Retta said...

MARY/ANTGIRL: If you mean suggestions for software, I'm a novice at it. I was looking into the Corel Painter program, but need to save up, it's about $300 or so! If you mean suggestions for a picture to make, well it's GOT to include stars, of course. :-D

CHRIS: Oh boy, I'll be looking forward to it.

Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails