Hi Journal & Friends,
Surprise! Trisha at Butter Butt Chronicles has given me
The Versatile Blogger Award!
It has just a few rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
I've told most everything major... guess I'll delve into the insignificant stuff, LOL!
1. Other than camping in Mexico with my family when I was a kid, I've never been outside the United States.
2. I know how to Tat. One Christmas I spent a gazillion hours tatting exquisite snowflakes, and included them in my Christmas cards. **Crickets...chirping** ... not ONE person ever mentioned them, so I guess they weren't the big hit I thought they would be! Oh well, they were still pretty, and I have some left that I hang up each year. *I* like them. ;-)
3. My middle name is Louise.
4. Growing up, kids used to call me Loretta Spaghetta (better than SOME of the names they called me!)
5. My favorite nickname was given to me by my Uncle Dave (who also gave us shiny silver dollars when he visited). It was SissyCat.
6. Growing up a chubby kid, my biggest fantasy was to have the power to be Invisible whenever I wanted.
7. Years ago my house was burglarized, and the goofiest thing they stole was a cheap plastic black and white blow-up-with-air love seat!! Go figure... burglars just have no taste.
(looked like this only black and white)
3. Nominate fifteen newly discovered blogs.
Ha ha! I'll try to find 15... no guarantees on that one. ;-)
Okay, here is who I discovered has not received the Versatile Blogger Award yet:
Shawn at Shawn's Weight Loss Journey http://shawnsweightjourney.blogspot.com/
Kimberley at K_The_Phoenix
Shelli at Shelli Belly
Erika at Fat Like Me
Holly at Perseverance Within Me
Carol at Buttercup Counts Her Blessings
Patsy at Musings on a 100lbs + Weight Loss Journey
I looked up this list Wednesday night...it's now 1:30 am, and I'm pooped... run out of gas... cross-eyed... so if I missed you, please feel free to jump right in and snag it!
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
Better get to work on that now.
From Dr Phil's book: "Are your thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes moving you closer to what you want?"
My verse for today: "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged..."
My quote for today: "With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come." --Shakespeare
Enjoy the Journey,