Hi Journal, Friends & Fellow Freedom Challengers!
Today is check in day for the Deb's Freedom Challenge. We made it to the end of Week 2.
Here are the goals I chose, and after each one, how I did this week. I decided try out a 1 to 10 rating scale this time. I think it forces me away from all-or-nothing thinking. Possible 10 points in each area, for a total of 70 for the week.
My goals is to be CONSISTENT in these things:
1. STUDY. Consistently do my online Read-The-Bible-In-One-Year program.
RESULTS: 70 out of 70. Oh, I was such a good little girl... see my halo? ;-)
2. NUTRITION. I want to be consistent again in not going over my daily calorie budget, even by a little. I got sloppy, and justified a "little here, a little there." No more.
RESULTS: 55 out of 70. Not so good here. Struggled Friday and Saturday. Hopefully, I've learned from it.
3. SLEEP. Getting to bed on time. Not playing around on the computer, or watching old Star Trek reruns on tv. Go. To. Bed!
RESULTS: 56 out of 70. Funny, it "felt" like I had done better. But looking at the whole week written down, I see I only got a full 8 hours sleep on 3 nights.
4. EXERCISE. Consistently follow my pre-set schedule. I KNOW when I must genuinely make adjustments, or when I am making excuses. No more.
RESULTS: 50 out of 70. Again, I thought I had done better. But the chart doesn't lie!
5. WATER. Instead of hit and miss and guessing, I want to consistently drink my minimum 2 quarts per day. I will measure it out in the morning.
RESULTS: 70 out of 70. In spite of the less than stellar tasting tap water! Pretty proud of that one... sheer determination, believe me. ;-)
6. FEELINGS. I want to know I did my best, and feel proud of myself. I am not trying for perfection... but for Consistency.
RESULTS: 53 out of 70. Need.More.Consistency.
I'm so glad I tried out this new 1 to 10 rating system for each day. It's been an eye-opener for me. Again this week, how I "felt" I did was not always a match to the chart! It is sooo easy to fool ourselves, so I appreciate the reality check.
I watched a youtube video this morning that was so beautiful, of the song Faithful One. The words that struck me, especially on this challenge to Freedom, were:
"Your love is the anchor, my hope is in you alone."
From Dr Phil's book: "Challenge your faulty thinking."
My verse for today: "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation."
My quote for today: "A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise." --Winnie the Pooh
Enjoy the Journey,