I recently made up a generic version of my 2010 Theme for someone, and got to thinking... maybe someone else would be interested. Here is my original:
(can click to enlarge)
And now, here is the plain template. I tried to size it to be printed large on a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper, with a regular home printer:
Please feel free to download a copy, enlarge it to the size you want, and print it out.
I hadn't planned in advance to do this, so I had to modify the finished colored version by going grayscale, and then erasing the wording. I kept it gray... that way you can ink the parts you want with a black sharpie, or change it easily.
If anyone wants to play with this and personalize it and color it in, I would LOVE to see your finished Theme! Maybe this will give that extra kick to the second half of 2010!
Have fun with it... goof around.. change it... make it wild or mild... loud or quiet.
Don't feel the need to "color inside the lines." Do whatever your little heart desires!
If you feel stuck, and don't know where to start, here is just ONE way:
1. Download a copy.
2. Decide which medium to use... what kind of colors.
3. Print it the largest you can. Pick a paper that matches the kind of colors you chose to use.
For fairly DRY colors, like crayons, colored pencil, and markers, regular printer paper will do fine.
For WETTER colors, like watercolor or acrylics, etc, you'll need to use thicker paper. You might try matte finish everyday photo paper... but I don't really recommend this... if you just want to have fun and do it the simple way, it's easier to just stick with dryer colors.
I used black sharpies and colored pencils.
4. Make a list of your Motivational words, if you plan to use some. Decide where they will go.
5. Decide on your color scheme. You don't HAVE to do it that way... but it's easier for most people. I sometimes just pick out all the colors I plan to use and put them together, putting all the rest away. That way you can just get lost in the process and have fun, and not have to "think" about the color. Or, just play and wing it! Both ways are right.
6. Play! Relax and doodle and improvise and have fun.
7. When finished, scan it into your computer or take a photo of it, and share your creation with us!
8. Please come back here and put a link to your post in the comments telling us about it.
These are only suggestions... do it YOUR way. :-)
Remember, everyone has a creative side! There is no wrong or right way to do one of these... so just have fun with it.
This can be very relaxing, but also motivational. Stress melts away. As you play and color, and get lost in the process, you can find yourself really connecting to your own motivational words and ideas. They become "personal", and sometimes you gain insights and energy from it. Most of all, have fun!
From Dr Phil's book: "Change must come totally from within you. This is where the real power to create lasting results is found..."
My verse for today: "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders."
My quote for today: "The man who has no imagination has no wings." --Muhammad Ali
Enjoy the Journey,