Sunday, January 10, 2010

DAY 154 Favorite Photo & My New Book


Hello there Journal & Friends,


Okay, so I'm not really writing a new book... but MyGuy said I should! He said it could be titled "Humility and How I Achieved It".  ;-)


Instead, I think it should be a recipe book called "365 Ways to Cook Humble Pie".


You see, after 5 months of blogging, I finally did it. I opened mouth and inserted foot... and had to apologize for it. The details are irrelevant, but the point is, I messed up. I am so thankful that love and forgiveness are the grease that makes life go smoother.


So in response to his book idea, I asked my dear smartie pants hubby to show me which of his photos looks "humble". He laughed and said that he doesn't do humble... he likes drama!!


The closest he could come was this one taken at sunset up at his favorite place, Crater Lake, Oregon. He had staked out this craggy tree out on the point, and was just waiting for sunset to light it up dramatically. Just as he was about to go out onto the point, this OTHER photographer beat him to it. Huh!! So MyGuy said, fine, I'll just include YOU in my shot!


Hope you like "Humble Sunset" (click to enlarge).







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Loretta! Looks like we're both early risers this morning--unless you haven't been to bed yet! I've been up since 4a.m.--it's now 7:15 here. Since you're much too hard on yourself, I'd be willing to bet that your insert foot episode required no apology, but only an explanation. Love ya, girlfriend! Deb

Anonymous said...

P.S. I thought you'd get a kick out of the photo on my blog! hahahaha. Inside each of us is that skinny, joyful, dancing girl! We'll let her out soon. :D Deb

South Beach Steve said...

I obviously missed something; however, I know nothing tastes as bad as humble pie. :-)

Anonymous said...

aww, nice humble picture!
Well whatever happened its been made into a pie now and so lets all have a slice... :-D

Diana said...

I once inserted my foot in my own mouth. Tasted horrible! :)

Great picture. So serene and peaceful, even witht the other photographer in it. Makes it more unusual. I like it a lot.

dailyseeking said...

I also get up at 4:00 in the mornings; at least you knew your foot was in mouth. It's when people have no idea that's hard to take.

Shelli Belly said...

Your true heart is revealed everyday so a little humble pie is miniscule in comparison.

The picture reminds me of a scene in the movie the "Doctor." The two main characters, one of them William Hurt, stand in the glow of the sunset and strech out their arms and spin. All of the beauty and the freedom of a childlike spin. Close your eyes take a deep breathe and know that in His glow you are free.

financecupcake said...

Wow! These pictures always take my breath away.

I hope your foot-in-mouth moment wasn't too bad. HUGS!!

Christine said...

I can't even imagine it Loretta.
I stick my foot in my mouth all the time. I think it has it's own room.
I like you, even if you stick your foot in your mouth lol.
Have a great night hon.

Retta said...

Thanks, everyone. But believe me, my "untamed" tongue gets the best of me too often! Thank you for your friendship, and accepting me, warts and all.
Loretta
=^..^=

{ALL} for a Better Life said...

Beautiful photo and no way in heck I believe you tasted your foot!

Joanne said...

Doubt you need to eat any humble pie.

LOVE the photo - like your hubby's attitude.

antgirl said...

What a gorgeous photo. I've been to Crater Lake. It's hard to make it look any better, but your guy sure did.

I loved the photos you posted over the weekend, too. Glad you are owning your beauty. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails