Tuesday, January 5, 2010

DAY 149 Toon Tuesday is Back!


Hi there Journal & Friends,

This will be an informal, quick draw kind of Toon Tuesday!


Last week I mentioned that my local family, and 2 visiting from Alaska, gathered the day after Christmas at a restaurant for our annual Christmas Dinner. What I didn't mention was that my sweet big brother in California (DubbaDub is 10 years older than I am) and Mrs DubbaDub sent us a gift card to pay for it all! (don't ya'll wish you had a big bro like THAT!)

Since they can't be here, each year we take funny little paper cut-outs of Weeble toys that have names written across the tummy to represent my brother and SIL, and set them on the table at the restaurant. Then we take a photo of everyone, including the weebles, and send it to DubbaDub and Mrs DubbaDub.

Well, I FORGOT THE CAMERA THIS YEAR... aarrgghh!!

So, later at home I got out my trusty Sharpie and colored pencils, and ripped out a Fake Photo, a caricature of all of us... ha ha ha ha.

Here is what I glued on to the thank you card (click to enlarge):


I wonder if they could tell who was who?? Hint... I was wearing polka dots.
Notice how much skinnier we all were?  The power of the pen... mwa ha ha ha ha!!

This Christmas Dinner was meaningful to me in a personal way, sort of symbolic of my new healthy life. It was the first time I can remember totally enjoying the people, the meal, and the occasion, and NOT struggling with the food. I ate NORMAL... I felt NORMAL. It was wonderful!

From Dr Phil's book: "You actively influence positive events in your life. Start pedaling on your own personal power."

My verse for today: "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

My quote for today: "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." --Will Rogers

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=



12 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh my gosh! You are sooooo talented. I had no idea! How cute!

I am so glad you had a good Christmas dinner. Those times are so special, when everything just clicks. Can't really describe it myself, but I think you know what I mean.

Have a great day!
Olivia

Casandra said...

What an artist you are! Too cute!

Retta said...

Thanks, Olivia!
One of the most fun art projects I did was to paint my hubbys motorcycle helmet, here: http://www.yessy.com/stephenson/helmet.html
He got the funniest comment from another guy: "well, ya gotta be a real MAN to be able to wear teddy bears on yer helmet!"
Loretta
=^..^=

Christine said...

That is beyond cute.
I like how you draw...and I used to play with weebles when I was little.....weebles, they wobble but they don't fall down.
lol.

{ALL} for a Better Life said...

What a great photo! But even better, so glad you enjoyed EVERYTHING about the experience!

Anonymous said...

:D Don't you wish we could just draw ourselves thin--and it would be so?! Perhaps you could work on that in your spare time. :D I volunteer to be your "Dorian Grey." Deb

P.S. Oooo. I just creeped myself out. chuckle.

antgirl said...

What a wonderful picture! I love when you share your art.

Hurray on the feeling normal thing. We overlook what a victory that can be in this weight loss world.

Losing 100 said...

Wow! What an artist you are. That's so great that you were able to eat "normal". I still panic usually when I have to go out to eat.

foolsfitness said...

Just came by to say I fed the hampster and I STILL think toon tuesday is great!!! Got your goody, check your e-mail. I'm working on your art and your goody should be getting in the mail soon.

Did I mention I always enjoy reading the quotes too.

Your such an inspiration. over 100 pounds. and also you keep with it.

At Foolsfitness we keep with it... at least in returns to the buffet line at the chinese food place.- Alan

Retta said...

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the comments, and glad you enjoyed the "photo". ;-)
Loretta
=^..^=

Lynn said...

You are so talented! I have been meaning to mention the rabbit in your title splash...it so reminds me of the velveteen rabbit...one of my favorites kids book...is it your art work as well?

Retta said...

Thank you, Lynn. Yep, that little rabbit is one I did as part of a series of "Small Stuff", little 4 x 4 inch canvas's. You can see the rest of them here if you like: http://www.yessy.com/stephenson/smallstuff.html

Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails