Saturday, January 9, 2010

DAY 153 Letting Go of the Old Images & Embracing a NEW One


Hello Journal & Friends,

 I remember writing a post on Day 65, called "It's Not About the Food" (here). I am still convinced of that. A plan will take the weight off... but right thinking and healing emotions will KEEP it off. And that takes work. Sure we need a healthy plan, a method that works for us as individuals. But for most of us, there is more to it than a good "diet".

I am continually surprised, amazed, and grateful for those that read my blog. I really hope it helps you a bit on your journey. And a special thanks for you who take time from your busy day to leave a comment. That means a lot to me!

After I wrote "Surviving the Hardest Day Yet" on Day 150, several people made comments that made me realize that I needed to let go of the old me that was 460 pounds, and embrace the NEW me, which is currently 358 but getting smaller. I need to set down the old, and pick up the new! 

To help me do that, I wanted some visuals. I didn't think I had much, having fought the weight loss battle ALL my life. Fat baby, fat child, fat teen, fat adult... with little spurts here and there of brief losses before I zoomed back up. I guess when I went through my old photo albums, my focus had been on the "bad" photos, and I didn't even realize I had some that could help me visualize what I might look like... with a few new wrinkles thrown in!

So, here they are. The cream of the thinner crop. ;-) They are the younger version of me, but that'll do for my purposes, which is to imagine the new THINNER healthy me. (click to enlarge)




















From Dr Phil's book: "Given your goals, how does your current thinking help you get there?"

My verse for today: "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

My quote for today: "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." --Helen Keller

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

11 comments:

Diana said...

You are just absolutely goregous! Love the pictures. Although I could already see how pretty you are by your Dec. 2009 picture. Plus, you're just as pretty on the inside as on the outside. :)

You're aboslutely right it's more than just about the food, and how it takes right thinking and healing emotions to keep it off.

I'm going through that right now, gaining back weight I fought so hard to lose. But I refuse to give up and I'm trying to get my head on straight. :)

PJ Geek said...

I went back and read your post "It's not about the Food" and thought... exactly. I'm writing a post today to summarize my progress over the last year and so far this year . I was just thinking this morning...." I am not on a diet.
" " I am working to learn to live a full and a balanced and healthy life. Mind,body, spirit." I do forget and over emphasize some parts though. Thanks for opening up your journey for us.

Patsy said...

You were gorgeous then and you're gorgeous now! You're one of those lucky women who is naturally beautiful. :o) 2010 is going to be YOUR year! I am inspired and motivated by you.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lorretta! Such nice pctures! I'm glad you posted them--although as one of the comments said, it's clear that you're an attractive woman just from the Christmas photo and your blog pic!

LOL at the kitten pic--when I read MY blog, I think the same thing! I am so messed up. chuckle. But it's okay, because those struggles put into writing are evidence that we're working out our 'so messed up' and finding health.

I'm going to let you in on a professional secret: EVERYONE is messed up! Some are ill, but even those who are not--are messed up. It's because we live in a fallen world with fallen people. No one escapes without some emotional/psychological bruising.

We are the fortunate ones. We have taken God's hand and are being led into health. :D We just lay it all out on our blogs for the world to see.

Onward and forward, girlfriend!

Deb

dailyseeking said...

The Dr. Phil comment was spot on! A lot of times our thoughts can drive our actions before we realize what is happening!

Christine said...

Great Job Loretta, nothing like seeing yourself like others see you is there?

Anonymous said...

you are so beautiful, especially your face. Which I know us plump people sometimes dont like to hear that we have pretty faces, but i think maybe that is just a little bonus from God, to have a pretty face! But also it makes it easier for us to gain weight, because it takes so long for us to stop hearing how pretty we are right? For myself that happened about 5 years ago and I was like, hey, what happened? I'm the one with the pretty face! No fair!
Your fifteen year old picture is so cute, love the hairstyle!!!

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Loretta, you are beautiful inside and out!

financecupcake said...

Loretta, I love the pics! Also, I love the new pic over on the right side of the screen. You are so pretty. :)

Retta said...

You all are so nice! Thank you so much for the encouraging words.
Loretta
=^..^=

Amy said...

Beautiful Loretta!! I LOVE putting a face to the name!! You are doing so great!! Keep on going, my friend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails