Sunday, January 16, 2011

JAN 16 Birthday Fun

Hello Journal & Friends,


What a nice day it was Saturday! Here is a picture of the card Jim gave me, with a photo of a Chocolate Lab puppy. Inside it said: 

"Nothing like a 
little Chocolate 
to celebrate your birthday. 
Hope your day is sweet!" 

And he included a piece of sugar-free chocolate covered toffee. 



Did you see my birthday tat??!! Got it at the Sharpie Tattoo Parlor. ;-)

And here is the birthday present I bought for myself, a GymBoss timer. I've been struggling to keep track of the dual timings needed for doing Tabata type exercises on my rebounder. Research has shown that type of interval exercise is super effective, getting superior results in a shorter amount of time. 



Here's a LINK, for the curious. About halfway down it explains why Tabata is actually superior to High Intensity Interval Training. Not that MY levels of anything are that intense, yet. But, it gives me a goal. :-)


We enjoyed watching a DVD movie together, and had pizza made by Papa Murphy that is called a DeLite version. They make a super thin crispy crust, and that cuts out a bazillion calories and carbs. Well, and the fact that I didn't EAT the whole thing myself, like in my past! LOL! We stuck to 2 very thin pieces each, and had sugar-free pie for dessert. Very yummy, and enough.

Just to cover myself, since it WAS a tastey pizza... I told Jim I would not eat any more after he went to sleep (my old pattern). I guess I didn't want to even risk it! And speaking it out loud in a promise felt "safe", ya know?? 

Some day, I expect to reach the place where I will know, 1000 percent, that there is no way I would sneak back and eat more. Some day...



From Dr Phil's book: "Your thoughts powerfully program you."

My verse for today: "Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life."

My quote for today: "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." --Viktor Frankl

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

DAY 521

23 comments:

Lanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday to me! The doggy on that card looks like somebody I know. What a cutie!

I'm loving the Victor Frankl quote!

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!!!

Hugs,
Mary

Anne H said...

Love me some Buddy Chocolate!
Happy happy bd sweetie!

Patsy said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderful birthday! What a lovely photo of you. I'm lucky to have a very thoughtful partner as well - he's never ONCE criticised my weight (only last night when I was on a downer about myself in bed, he told me he's never stopped fancying me or thinking I'm gorgeous) but he also wholeheartedly supports me on this lengthy journey!

Three cheers for having great men in our lives!

Brigitte said...

Happy Birthday!!

kathyj333 said...

Happy Birthday.

Polar's Mom said...

That card is too cute! And great job limiting the pizza, that must have been tough!


Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

mamajuliana said...

Happy Happy!!!! Pizza and Pie and you were still a good girl!!! Go you!!!!!

WWSuzi said...

Happy Birthday! I love your smile :)

Anonymous said...

Cute card...sweet man.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I'm SO GLAD you had a great birthday! Love the card. :)

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

happy birthday, Loretta! i've got a rebounder and have heard great things about what we can do with them to lose weight. i started using it (for the first time in months) yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had a nice day.

Your butterfly pposter made me think of a line in a song at church this morning (thru which I cried like a baby and had to go find kleenes when it was done.)

"When it seems like there is no one holding me......He is."

And, He is.

Deb

pinkvision said...

Happy Birthday! And what a sweet card from a lovely supportive husband. :)

Twix said...

Papa Murphy's thin pizza is great. Have you seen their calorie counter online? You can create (custom order) a pizza around your caloric qualifications. Good for you sticking to two slices. High five!! Sounds like you had a delightful birthday. Happy Birthday!!!

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Wow, now that's accountability! Good for you. You are really on a roll, I can tell.

financecupcake said...

Happy birthday!!!! It sounds like youhad the wonderful day you deserved. :) I love Jim's card! You look fantastic, by the way. :) That pizza sounds great. I am a total pizza lover, and thin crust is totally the way to go. What kind of pie did you have? The tabata sounds neat. Haha, the birthday presents we buy for ourselves are always the best. Again, happy birthday. :)

Joy said...

Happy Birthday my friend!!! Glad you had a great time!!

Take care and stay focused!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Loretta!!! :-D

Retta said...

CHRISTINA: Me too, a total pizza lover. The only pizza I've had since March of 2009 was homemade on lowcarb tortillas, so I was a little nervous about opening the floodgates! But this is real life, I wanted to learn to enjoy days and some foods in a responsible way. I guess I was a little worried I wasn't ready for it yet.

We picked the thin crust, for less carbs and calories. I wanted veggies, and he wanted Meat!, so we got a Birthday special, LOL! We paid extra for a combo Meat AND Veggie pizza. Very nice, with garlicy sauce.

I was a little nervous that the flour in the thin crust might set off cravings, but even though it was tempting, by making that promise to him not to eat any more, that helped a lot, and it didn't seem to set off physical cravings. That is actually very encouraging to me.

After I reach my goal, I want to be able to OCCASIONALLY go places and attend celebrations, and not be overly worried about the food... just be able to eat responsibly. And this gave me some hope that it might really work. :-)

Loretta
=^..^=

Michele said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Thanks for sharing your new gadget and links.


Thanks so much for all your comments and support on my own journey! I gave you an award today. Check it out on my blog. Take care! Michele

M Pax said...

Glad you had such a wonderful celebration. Have you been having nice weather down there? It's been beautiful over here. Didn't need a coat today. We always get a taste of spring in January. What a tease! It never lasts and we have crappy weather into June.

PeacefulBird said...

Happy 60, Loretta! I love it that you said, "I expect to reach the place where I will know..." That word, expect (rather than hope or think) is so ultra-positive! I fully expect you will! Love, Peacefulbird

PS... Been taking a blog break... sorry I missed the day of your birth, but am wishing you a whole year of goodness ;>)

Related Posts with Thumbnails