Friday, February 26, 2010

DAY 201 Challenge Update & Another Unknown Factoid


Hi to my Journal & Friends,

Time for the update on The Perfect 10 challenge. It's Week 8 already! 


My goals, which were to exercise 6 days per week, were accomplished. A couple of times it was a struggle, and I KNOW that if I hadn't been in this challenge, I would have wimped out. So thanks to Steve for starting it!

And now on to that oh-so-fascinating Unknown Fact about myself... LOL!


I love all kinds of music... from Andrea Bocelli to Zydeco, and everything in between. 

But my alltime favorite music to listen to, when I am in the middle of a painting, is classic Yanni. The instrumental Yanni, before he added vocals. It is gorgeous, alive, and full of passion and emotion. 

It makes me want to PAINT like his music SOUNDS, if that makes sense. Here is a sample for your listening pleasure. It is called "Reflections of Passion."  



From Dr Phil's book: "Start behaving in ways that make you feel really good about yourself."

My verse for today: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

My quote for today: "Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude." --Ralph Marston

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

12 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

I love Andrea Bocelli too. Isn't it funny that you can listen to him sing in a foreign language (maybe you understand it, I don't!) and still feel a connection to his music?

Have a great weekend Loretta!

Unknown said...

Good work on the exercising.
I LOVE Zydeco - and could clean my entire house boppin to that music :)

antgirl said...

Wooot! On the working out. You are a warrior, Loretta! :) Think of all the wonderful gifts you are giving to yourself. Awesome.

I love all kinds of music, too. I'm liking Muse right now when I'm writing novel#2.

I do enjoy me some Bach.

clickmom said...

Wow, I just totally relived the 80's in 4 minutes 31 seconds. That was a blast from the past! Glad to see you are meeting your exercise goals, it does make a difference to know you will be held accountable, doesn't it?

Sean Anderson said...

Your passion for art in all it's forms is so alive. It makes me smile to hear you "speak" of this diverse love.
Great post my friend. And thank you for the wonderful music!

My best always
Sean

Anonymous said...

Oh, Loretta! I almost didn't listen to the clip--but as so glad that I did. I was absolutely transported into tranquility. Thank you.

And--do not panic--you don't have to post it--but there's an award for you on my blog. :) You just SOOO deserve it, I had to pass it on to you. Don't sweat it, tho, no obligation to do anything but be blessed.

Deb

Losing 100 said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Ya did good Retta!! 6 days, I have yet to accomplish that. I did 4 days this week will do better next week!!!
I'm not big into instrumental music, but Yanni is nice.

Christine said...

I love music and art...and most things artistic.
Great job on the exercise...only two weeks left.

Patsy said...

Thanks for sharing - I'd not heard of Yanni before.

I love fairly heavy rock music, but have a soft spot for classical and opera too. :o)

PJ Geek said...

congrads on your perserverance. these connections we make inspire me each day. regarding music:I lived in Arizona for a time and befriended a strange punk-looking Canadian who became my best friend. She introduced me to Canadian maritime music, Carlos Nakai Native American flute music, Lorenna Mckinnett, and the cajun sounds of Beausoleil. definitey shifted my whole perception,

Juneau Rebecca said...

Yanni Live at the Acropolis was the first CD I ever owned. I played it over and over and over until the disc begged for mercy and threatened to hurl itself out the window in protest. I still love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails