Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DAY 199 Good News!


Hidy Ho Journal & Friends!

I have Good News to report today: I got the report back on my tongue biopsy, and it is NOT cancer, like he had suspected. :-)


It is actually something much more mundane... oral candidiasis. Ick!

It's usually no big deal, except that it can get dicey for people with immunosuppressed systems. Then, it can travel to organs, or heart, or blood, or brain, etc. So, they are going to give me "stuff" to take 5 times a day, and all should be well soon.

I feel like I have dodged a bullet... that it is not too late for me to get my health back, and continue on my journey. I am very thankful.

I have often quoted Michael Beckwith here: 

"In every life circumstance, 
look for the Blessin' or the Lesson."

I've thought about that these last few days, waiting for the biopsy results. And even before I knew the outcome, I realized I had already received a benefit from this... I have been seriously thinking of my priorities, and Time Management. Yeah, again.

  • There are the not very important things that I waste time on.
  • There are the necessary things that I must do whether or not I want to spend time on them.
  • There are the good things that I enjoy doing, but not necessary.
  • There are the BEST things that would move me closer to my authentic self, and my ultimate goals.

I need to stop talking about Time Management, and start DOING it. And even writing that, to me sounds like a broken record. I think I've typed that very sentence before!!  It's deja vu all over again... ;-)

 My favorite mind coach, Dayne, wrote an excellent post on that very subject recently (HERE). Methinks I'd better pay attention.

Anyway, one thing I had to reluctantly give up, that I really enjoyed, was responding to each individual comment on my blog. I appreciate them so much, and I really enjoyed making that connection. But then I didn't have enough time to visit blogs, too. So, I had to choose. And I decided I loved blog visiting even more, and that is what I do with my limited time now. 

I hope those of you that leave comments don't feel unnoticed. I truly love hearing your opinions and comments. It's like we are all on this great adventure together, and when we touch bases with each other, it's a reminder we are not alone as we travel that road.


From Dr Phil's book: "There is strength and power in support."

My verse for today: "Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise."

My quote for today:  "To have the thing you have never had... you must DO those things you have never done before."






13 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

When my blog took off I stopped sending individual messages via e-mail and now just leave comments on the blog itself. It is really time consuming. We understand. You need to live your life too.

PJ Geek said...

Woo hoo! I think another name for what you have is Thrush..easier to say. There is a song on the radio that says you "should live every day like your dying"...anyway, that song resonates with me. Puts things into perspective.

{ALL} for a Better Life said...

Oh, I am so so so happy to hear this! YEAH, what a sigh of relief I am sure! God is good!

Unknown said...

So happy to hear the good news!!!
And don't worry about responding to comments - if need be, respond to them in general in your next blog post - I don't know how those that do respond to comments individually had the time to do so :)
Priorities.... :)

Unknown said...

Loretta, we totally understand. It can be overwhelming to respond to each message. I have never been able to fit that in to my day on top of everything else!

I am happy to hear the good news!!! I know it's a huge relief!

{{hugs}}

Beth said...

That's such excellent news! Woohoo! Now your mind can go on to other things!

Anonymous said...

!!! Praise the LORD for His mercy and grace!!!!

So glad you're okay! :D

Re: comments. You know, although I enjoy your responses to my comments--my comment is given to you in response to your blog, not so I can get something back FROM you. I'm pretty low-maintenance; I do not expect you to respond. :)

I've started mentioning people's comments in my note on their blog, because the whole response thing became combersome.

Which I'm about to do with you! Thanks for your comment on my post. :D I KNEW you'd understand the gain. :} And I appreciate your enthusiasm on my behalf. Oddly, I am enthused, too. Even if the bloodwork is negative, I know that the differernce I felt when I stopped gluten was real--and I'm moving on it! :D

Deb

antgirl said...

Woooooot!!! I am soo happy to hear your good news and happier still they didn't make you wait the full 2 weeks. Yippeeee!!

It is time consuming, isn't it? Bloggerland does have a lot to give though.

I've been slow today ... time management. This writing thing takes up a lot of time. Being that I consider it my full time job, I guess it should. :D You go!

Scarlet Simple said...

I am so glad that you are going to be okay!

I am so bad at responding to my blog comments, the fact that you responded for as long as you have is amazing.

You are simply amazing.

Fiona said...

So glad for you!

Patsy said...

Terrific news! So pleased! :o)

Kristina said...

So glad to hear that it isnt cancer! And my time management sucks as well........working on it though! :)

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm glad its not cancer! You will be ok!!
I think you are right, I would rather have my blog read than a personal response to every comment I make and I personally would rather read blogs than respond to comment every time. Though sometimes I do respond to comments especially recently since I have not been blogging often.
I know sometimes bloggers come on and they are so interesting, respond to comments, but they dont read me and I end up feeling snubbed and stop follwing. How selfish of me I know, but I am here on blogger for friendship and friendship is a give and take right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails