Monday, February 22, 2010

DAY 197 Week in Review


Hello Journal & Friends!

When I first got up this morning, it was an uphill battle, attitude-wise.


After making MyGuys two meals to take to work, then mainlining, er, drinking my coffee, I decided to go blog visiting before I post. Usually I do it the other way around. Today I'm glad I went visiting. It was like chatting with friends over morning coffee. And it lifted my spirits. 

Especially this wonderful video that Stacia posted, at Swimming It Off (HERE).  Watch all the way to the end, and I guarantee you will smile. I wanted to be like that guy!

I hadn't intended to write much today because somehow over the weekend, I irritated both of my wrists, and they are really hurting. I am wearing my wrist guards, and typing carefully... that helps. (Thanks to all you who have turned off the word verification feature! It's that much less typing... unless you are plagued by spammers or trolls, it's not really necessary to keep it on).  Just use this instead:



Week in Review: 

On track as far as calories counts and exercise. Okay mental wise, though it was a definite struggle when I did the sneak-peek weigh-in last Friday.  I was UP 12 pounds. Good griefus, Charlie Brown!! I know, I know....it's only temporary water. Since my tongue biopsy last week, I've been eating soft stuff, like shakes, soups, and such. And some of it was much more sodium than I usually eat. And less fiber... which means... you know... clogged plumbing, LOL!

So, just a bump in the road. But sure glad my monthly weigh-in isn't til NEXT Monday!

Well, I think I might even go get dressed now. :-D


From Dr Phil's book: "You and only you choose how you feel. Others may provide an event or behavior for you to react to, but it is up to you to choose how you feel about them."

My verse for today: "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

My quote for today: "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." --Mark Twain

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


11 comments:

karen@fitnessjourney said...

LOL! My son has a t-shirt that says, "I'm dressed and out of bed, what more do you want?" I begged him not to wear it the first day of school-you know what they say about bad first impressions.

Anonymous said...

Bad, bad, bad scale! LOVE the comic! :D Deb

Christine said...

lol, I like the wrinkles and smiles thing.
I hope when I am old I have smile lines around my eyes like craters.
12 lbs has GOT to be water...unless you have a midget taking a ride somewhere.
Have a good day loretta.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I have been encouraged by that verse many times. Did you notice that it's in there a lot?
My head is not anywhere near where it should be for this journey, therefore, I'm not "enjoying the journey."
I really like your blog...makes me remember I'm not alone, and I like seeing someone have success.
~Margaret
http://www.amusingmargaret.com/

antgirl said...

YOu've been doing new exercise, too. Keep that in mind. The muscles sometimes retain fluid when you shake things up.

Take care of them wrists. I sure understand that pain.

Shelli Belly said...

I sure needed that video today. I loved his care free attitude. Oh to just go for it!

Don't worry about the scale your new routines outweight any LBS.

Thanks for being my friend.

{ALL} for a Better Life said...

I hate the scale sometimes! I'm going now to check out the video, I need some uplifting myself!

Hope those wrists feel better!

PJ Geek said...

Hope you feel better....I LOVE THAT MAXINE TOON> I was wondering how the biopsy went, but maybe it's too soon yet for that. I'm sore and achey today myself ..did a epsom soak and used my heating pad just about all day. It never pays to take a peek at the scale, but hopefully things will balance out by next weigh in.

financecupcake said...

Good for you for not letting those twelve pounds get to you too much. Water weight can really mess with your head! I'm glad to hear you are on track with calories and exercise. :) I freaking hate the word verification stuff, too.

Patsy said...

Hope you feel better... Love the pic and caption of the black and white cat! :o)

Beth said...

I'm sure it has to be a real bummer to have a forced change to your diet! Those darn gains on the scale, they can be so alarming, no matter what the cause.

Related Posts with Thumbnails