Sunday, November 14, 2010

DAY 458 Feeling So Thankful!


Hello Journal & Friends,

I'm feeling very thankful. VERY thankful. 
Here's why...

Friday evening, MyGuy did some painting out on the screened-in patio... hung up plastic sheeting over the screening, then plugged in a heater to help the paint dry in this cold weather.




Time to go to bed... but MyGuy wants to leave the heater on to dry the paint. Me... kinda NOT wanting to do that. Didn't feel it was safe... can you guess where this is going??

Naturally, MyGuy does his thing. We go to sleep.




Next morning, the horrendous smell of hot/melted wire and plastic greets me in my studio.

After much searching, my super-duper sense of smell isolates the source, right down to which wall. The Nose knows!!




Yes... we narrowly avoided having THIS happen to us while we slept.




An electrician friend said it sounded like a loose connection that was arcing and sparking in the electrical wires of the wall plug, inside the wall... and it burned a little, then went out.




God has mercy and grace on us, even when we make dumb mistakes. He bailed us out of this one, and I am feeling very very grateful.


Enjoying the journey and God's loving mercy,

Loretta
=^..^=

14 comments:

Buttercup said...

Very grateful, too.

dailyseeking said...

Thankful it wasn't worse! I love your pictures.

bbubblyb said...

So glad it all was ok. We had that happen to us not that long ago. With our old house it's always something.

spunkysuzi said...

Thank goodness your all o.k!! Scary

kristi said...

Thank the Lord!

Deb Willbefree said...

Praise the Lord, indeed!

I don't know why our husband's don't just listen to us in the first place! We are so often right. (As I tell MY guy.)

Deb

Genie @ Diet of 51 said...

OH MY GOSH, that is a scary story!

Don't make me tell you mine, about putting paper towels hot with bacon grease in the garage trash can one evening. My husband was in the hospital after having his gall bladder taken out. God spared my and my son's life that night.

Darn, you made me tell! BE CAREFUL!!!

Anne H said...

OMG you sweetheart!
Glad you are all ok!

Nancy said...

I am thankful you are alive and well and still have your house!! Gosh how scary! I am a FREAK about turning off heaters, I cannot sleep if they are on so I tend to put them on way before bed so that we reach a point of uncomfortably warm and then shut them off. I'd rather wake up cold! But I know how your hubby feels. I have been cleaning the carpet in my bedroom and in order to help them dry i need the heater on.
I'm glad you guys are all safe and sound.

MizFit said...

wow.
grateful and glad for you here, too.


Carla

Brigitte said...

I am so glad to hear that you are all right and that nothing truly horrendous happened. We needs to have our Loretta around! I hope the studio isn't too worse for the wear.

M Pax said...

I can say count your blessings. As you know, my family has been recently reminded. I am glad you are safe. I would hate to find out otherwise.

pinkvision said...

ooo, glad you are all fine.

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

Wow! Glad all is well. Hopefully not too much damage in the end. Darn annoying when we just want to be creative and bad things have to come of it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails