Thursday, October 28, 2010

DAY 441 Hot 100 Update & Blazing Trails


Hello Journal & Friends,

Time for another Hottie update!



But first, I find it interesting that in the last 30 minutes, I have read the same idea from THREE different sources: that we need to do it OUR OWN WAY. Not follow along like a lemming, but tweak whatever plan or program we are doing, personalize it,  to fit our OWN life and preferences. And if what we are doing needs a change in emphasis, then GO FOR IT!

The first was a great guest post by Rita, on Mizfit Online, HERE. 
Then there was my friend Millie, who is fairly recent to blogging, HERE. 
And last but not least, my pal Deb, HERE. 

All these brave souls are blazing their own trails, and I applaud them!


On to my update... I'll make it short. Not much to say, actually. 

I only had 3 goals to work on (calories, exercise and vitamins) and I am FINALLY starting to see them turn around.

Yesterday I started back with my Rabata (adding Tabata timing to Rebounding). And I totally loved it! My hand didn't throb or anything, and I did quite a bit of waving it all around! :-)

The other two... gaining ground. I feel like I went Splat! and have now gotten up, dusted off, and am feeling better and making progress in the right direction.

I have decided not to feel discouraged about the Splat, and just keep plodding away. Each day is a new day, another chance to make healthy choices. Another day to learn, improve and keep going.

I am working on the solution to what I wrote about yesterday... it's not all solved yet, but just knowing it's in the works is encouraging. I see light at the end of the tunnel! 




Today's Peek at the Past (It was about being open to new ideas in order to solve the problem, and that is what I am doing now... good fit!)

From Day 80, Oct 28, 2009:
All I can say is WOW! I asked for suggestions yesterday, and in response I got so many great ideas and points of view. It really did help to open up my thinking to new ways of looking at the situation.

(For complete post "Great Ideas & Thank You!" click HERE



From Dr Phil's book: "Don't just wake up every morning and react to what happens... Be proactive by setting goals and making plans for their attainment."

My verse for today: "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal."

My quote for today: "Be you, nobody does it better! --author unknown

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

10 comments:

Patrick said...

Making it your own way, absolutely. I've tried the ways of others so many times, and I ended up where I started for the most part. Sure, knowledge was gained, but results were disappointing. Make it your own, it has taken blogs to teach me that.

Nice Blog!

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell said...

Ah....yes......

Be YOU...Nobody does it better...

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out, girlfriend! :D

So glad that light at the end of the tunnel is NOT an oncoming train! chuckle. sometimes...

It's a new day!

Deb

WWSuzi said...

I definitely do what's good for me. Things work for me that might not work for others!

MargieAnne said...

About not being alone. Needing that time is a huge problem once the man in your life retires. There's no chance things will change so you have to find ways of learning to live with it. Someone should write a book about the joys, sometimes not, of living with a retired man.

It's great if retired husbands have a hobby otherwise you might find your life, carefully cultivated and grown into like a comfortable shoe, is shattered.

My friend totally lost the plot when her pantry was re-organised. I totally lost the plot because the washing being pegged on the clothesline to dry was not satisfying to my 'experienced' eye. I've become mostly passive and do little housework nowadays. I have to close my eyes to the jobs not done to my standard or in my order.

The stress of living with a man who takes over your life is huge. If you find the answer tell me PLEASE.

I've had 8 years to get used to it and still have times I want to scream. There is a huge toll on my spirit. There's only one place to go and sometimes it's hard to find. I'm glad God laughs with me over my foolishness.

I know many women are envious of me but they haven't lost their freedom time. It takes a lot of energy, spiritual and physical, to stay sweet natured. Sometimes I want to cry in sheer weariness and frustration.

I'm the one who had to change and keep on changing. It takes a lot of energy, spiritual and physical. I'm so thankful God understands.

I had a neat time with Him yesterday. He has been showing me how much He is with me ... all the time, and how even when I'm feeling and being horrible He's still beside me and all I have to do is turn my head and reach out to hold His hand.

I'm learning again, as I did when my children were little, to practice being aware of His presence all the time. I must read Brother Lawrence's book again.

It's not easy because the man about the house can become jealous if he feels neglected or shut out. I never was very good at balance.

I'm sure you'll work it out, just as I am, day by day. Some days are wonderful some I fall into the deepest pit.

Good Christian music is my great friend and a huge help.

Being creative is essential.

Blessings.

Retta said...

Oh MargieAnne, what a wonderful and heartfelt comment! I think YOU should write that book! It's obvious you speak from experience, and understand.

Even the part about a pantry being re-organized. I did have to laugh... one of the first things that happened to me after Jim was off work, was he decided (without consulting me) to re-organize the contents of my kitchen drawers.

How frustrating to go in to cook, and not be able to find anything... aarrgh! And when I hit the roof, he gave me these big hurt puppy dog eyes, cuz he thought he was "helping".

Yes, we are the ones that do the changing... so true.
Yep, you write the book, and I volunteer to do cartoons for it!

Loretta
=^..^=

South Beach Steve said...

It is so important to find the program that works for us. Too often we try to make something that works for someone else work for us, but our bodies are all different.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Nice on the goals! Mine have sorta started turning around too so I know what you mean! Good for you!

Shannon @ BetterNextTime said...

Doing it your own way - absolutely! I just wrote a little about that yesterday too, there must be something in the air... :)

Great progress on your Hot 100 goals!

Karen said...

I agree; we all need to find what works for us. I had a rough week but am back on track.

Related Posts with Thumbnails