Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MAR 15th It's A Girl!

Hello Journal & Friends,

Time for a little joy in our lives! 

I think my grand plans for a new goal in October just got changed. We won't be going anywhere overnight... we have a new baby! A baby goggie, that is. Please meet our new little girl...


From February:




From two days ago:



Her "working title" (a nod to my writer friends) is JOEY. A kind of play on words. One of my favorite verses is:

"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances."

And right now, while awake, she is riding around in the front pocket of my apron, like a baby kangaroo... a joey.

And... Jim wants a "tomboy" to go hiking with him. He definitely doesn't want a frou frou sissy name, LOL!

Joey is an 11 week old miniature Schnauzer, and cute as a button (says the proud mama).

Well... the baby is waking up... gotta go get some "exercise"... and lots of it. Like I didn't have enough to do... hey, this was supposed to be Jim's goggie!

Right now, my new computer won't play nice with my camera, so all I can show are these pics from where we adopted Joey. But soon I'll figure it out, and then, look out!

From Dr Phil's book: "For you to succeed, you have to translate this knowledge, awareness, and insight into action."

My verse for today: "Be exalted, O Lord, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might."

My quote for today: "From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!"  --Dr Seuss (One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish)

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

DAY 578


20 comments:

writingtowellness said...

How adorable! I love all things puppy (and doggie and kitty). Congratulations!!
Jan

Deb Willbefree said...

I had a mini-schnauzer once. She was the best dog! Had a sense of humor. Great disposition.

I was pricing schnauzers just the otheer day. :o The average price was $1200 so I decided to see if we could find one to rescue. No luch yet, but it encourages me that you found one.

I don't understand, tho--Goggie? What's the G? I'll reread the post, maybe I skipped a line.

She is adorable!

Deb

~ Darla ~ said...

Joey has the cutest little face EVER. You are so lucky to be a new mom to that little sweetie and Joey is so lucky to move in with you. xox

mamajuliana said...

AWWWW!!!! So cute! Hi there Joey!

~ Lyndsay The Kitchen Witch said...

I'm new to your blog and want to thank you for the motivation you just gave me via your post "My Current Plan in a Nutshell"

I am a long time struggler on the road again (this time for the last time).

Jane said...

She is so cute! ...reminds me of our Sophie. I know she will bring joy to your life. Dogs can also be helpful with the weight loss process, since they need to be walked!

The Brown Recluse said...

awwww!! I love puppies!! All puppies!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Your goggie is so sweet!

Buttercup said...

She is so, so cute. Enjoy!

Kimberley said...

Very cute!

Dizzy Girl said...

CUTEST PUPPY EVER!!!!!

I love her- and Joey is the best name. She loves it; I can tell. :)

Christine said...

congratulations! mom. lol.

MizFit said...

LOOOVE Joey's face :)

M Pax said...

Awwww. So sweet!

Joey will for sure keep you hopping. Love the name.

Baby Stepping said...

Congratulations on your new "baby." I have had computer and time issues so it's good to come back and see that folks are still keepin' on!

Hugs,
Mary

bbubblyb said...

What a cutey Loretta!!!

Princess Dieter said...

Sweet Whiskers, if that's not one of the cutest pups i have ever seen! I'm in love! Wish I wasn't allergic (both dogs and cats) so I could have a lil cutie to run around with. Okay, just WALK around with, as my knees won't let me run. Hope he makes you a perfect companion for a whole lotta years.

I wanted to thank you for posting about your dad. I got teary and it was a lovely tribute to a handsome fella (wow, did he look good in a suit or what?). And the bit about his comforting your mom in her last days..that was beautiful. No wonder you have such a good heart....

I hope today your weight loss journey is inspired and fired up and you and the cutie poochie get to burn off calories TOGETHER.

Sheri - The Motivational Girl said...

Joey is precious!!!! I love doggies!

Cinner said...

How cute is she, and in your apron pocket wow. Love her name too. take care. I think of you often hon. c

pinkvision said...

Such a sweet little bundle! Congrats mama Loretta! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails