Saturday, February 4, 2012

FEB 4th Doing Whatever It Takes

Hi Journal & Friends,





Thought I'd share a nice thing MyGuy did for me after my gum surgery this last Monday. It was a rough first day, but I've been doing well ever since.  I am on liquids/smooshy foods that will basically melt in my mouth... no chewing. I can't wear my partial til all healed, so no bottom "chewers". Might be a while. So he bought me this rather expensive treat:



Mmmmm! It was veeerrry nice. Their tag line is "You'll swear it's made in heaven". Well, maybe not THAT nice, but definitely made me feel pampered. For a stevia sweetened cream soda, Virgil's Zero Cream Soda was excellent. 

And I think, mentally, it helped me. I don't think I'm alone in being tempted to make exceptions and excuses to go off plan when we feel bad, or are sick, or any of a zillion other "reasons".  And yep... I was sorely tempted. :-}

But I stuck. Barely... but I did. And doing little things like this helps. Yes, I know, it would be healthier to NOT want an "edible" treat. I did those other kinds of things, too. But hey, it is what it is. And this helped me not go ballistic with the food, using and abusing it.  Ya do what ya gotta do. :-D



From Dr Phil's book: "Instinctual drift: the tendency, under stress, to revert to natural tendencies... learned behaviors - so over learned, in fact, that they have become second nature habits to which you instinctually drift when under stress or pressure, whenever you're not actively managing your weight, your health and your life with a great degree of awareness and programming."

My verse for today: "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

My quote for today: "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." --Helen Keller

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

DAY 901

9 comments:

Christine said...

good job loretta...that is exactly why I drink a coke zero every night. It's sweet and makes me feel 'normal' lol. glad you are feeling better!

Heather said...

What an inspiration you are! And I'm a cream soda fan - I'll have to see if I can find some of that!

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Debby. I am an Instinctual Drifter. sigh

So sweet of your hubby. :)

Deb

Jules said...

Oh...cream soda...been SO LONG...

Glad to hear you are feeling better..

and your quote today....perfect...impulse to soar.

Retta said...

Hi Heather; gotta tell you a funny.
I clicked on your name to read about you, and found you are an addictions counselor. Oh, how interesting.. so I then read you are President of the Save the Coyotes Coalition. Oh! So I went to get the link to a favorite site of mine, to share with you... and before I gave it, The Daily Coyote, here: http://www.dailycoyote.net/ I clicked on more info about your coalition... And sat here cracking up that it's all about keeping the NFL hockey team the Coyotes in Arizona! I'm still chuckling over that one. :-D)))))

Well, at least we all like cream soda, ha ha ha!

Nanette N. said...

I'm not much of a soda drinker anymore... but I don't really miss it. However, when I get the hankering, I've been drinking big sky sodas. Stevia sweetened. natural. expensive. But it's nice to have a fall back.

I made that word bubble thingy... but i'm having a time with my scanner. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are back to 100% quickly! How nice of Your Guy to buy you a sweet treat! He is so special!

'Yellow Rose' Jasmine said...

This sounds like a wonderful bit of balance. So normal to be a bit off our game when things come up. But then to KNOW yourself well enough to head things off at the pass... Well, that's just wonderful! You do really have this thing now. I know it. Great job!

M Pax said...

HOpe you're feeling better by now. Virgil's makes great sodas. I love the gingerale. I think it's by them. Once in awhile on a weekend, it's a great treat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails