Good morning Journal & Friends,
Normally I've been doing my Hot 100 update on Thursdays. But since tomorrow is the official last day of the challenge, I'm going to wait until then to wrap it all up with a bow.
I've enjoyed reading the different posts on New Years Resolutions, or the continuation of plans and goals. I've been thinking about this year, what I've learned and accomplished... and what I did NOT get finished.
For instance, when I started the Hot 100, I had hoped to whiz on down the 300's, and bust into the 200's by Jan 1st. Not gonna happen! In fact I weigh more now than when I started the challenge.... sigh.
But in spite of that disappointment, I sense a shift for me. A different feeling for this next leg of the journey. I've been working on my goals list for the coming year, and it has a different feel to it.
I plan to post the finished version on January 1st... but the new feel for ME is more of embracing and welcoming the changes, rather than striving and clawing after them.
I am no longer searching for that "aha" moment, that next big revelation, some deep and mysterious "answer" or missing link. I already know what to do, for me. It's just a matter of continuing the journey. So... the shift is in my attitude, I think.
- That feeling of desperation in the beginning that was the raw power to get me going has shifted to more of a certainty, a knowing, a calm determination.
- It's a more relaxed feeling, yet still putting forth the energy to achieve my goals.
- I want to joyfully embrace the stuff I'm going to be working on, not fighting with it.
- To focus on gratitude and living NOW, even while focusing on this journey... that balance thing.
- A sense of celebrating who I AM, not who I am not.
- I would like to see the scheduled routines transform into genuine habits that are smooth and automatic.
- I'm not focusing on a number, but rather on the sense of joy, peace and accomplishment. The numbers will follow as a result.
- Bottomline, I'm feeling like it's a done deal... it's already out there, just waiting for me to get on down the road and arrive!
Over the holidays, there have been several times of garden variety overeating. Yet there was no drama and browbeating... just a swift course correction. Not like in the past, when I would make it a huge deal, get all upset and full of drama and sometimes take days, weeks, months or even years to get my head back in the game.
It was different this time. More peaceful. And I was excited to hear a weight loss coach talking about how "normal" people overeat all the time... little bits here, a special occasion there. Yet they are conscious of their actions, and make immediate course corrections. They balance it out. It's natural and normal for them.
Hearing that gave me hope I was heading in the right direction! I am trying to let go of the idea of always being so rigid and exact about it, and instead learn to balance it out, like regular "normal-sized" people do. It's on my agenda for 2011 to practice this... we'll see how it goes!
From Dr Phil's book: "You succeed because you make the right choices, you choose the right attitude, and you enact the right behavior to generate the right results."
My verse for today: "Come let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation."
My quote for today: "There is success floating between all or nothing." --Mary Pax, Wistful Nebulae
Enjoy the Journey,