Saturday, June 19, 2010

DAY 314 The Last Spring Challenge Update!


Hi there, Journal & Friends,

Whew, we made it!!


This is it... we've finished our last week of the Spring Challenge! The first day of Summer officially begins on Monday, June 21st, so this is our last check in day... yee haw!


 By now, we all should have the overall goal of the Challenge tattooed in our memories! All together now...

"The goal of this challenge is to teach yourself to look at your new behaviors positively, to learn to be nicer to yourself and believe in yourself, to learn to enjoy healthy behaviors and learn some moderation. A little balance. It's important. More important to learn than the extremes - too much and deprivation." --Mary, at  Wistful Nebulae


I know that I sure did learn a few things. Especially about that balance and moderation part... about being nicer to myself even when I have stumbled. And that the nicest thing I can do for myself at those times is to learn from it, then look forward and get right back at it.

Do ya'll remember we  have a couple of prizes?? 


Everyone that has been tenacious and stuck it out this far gets their name thrown in the hat. Since some don't check in til Mondays, I think I'll make the check in deadline Monday night, midnight. So Tuesday morning I'll randomly draw the winners, and announce it in Tuesday's post. So, don't forget, all you Weight Loss Warriors, to check in, okay??



So here is my last weekly check-in...

My Spring Challenge goals:

1. Every day for the next 13 weeks, do some kind of Exercise.
2. Every day for the next 13 weeks, drink a Greenie.
3. Check in every Saturday.
4. Tell one thing each week that I like about myself.
5. Save up to buy myself a fun Reward at the end.

My Exercise:
Yay, overall did better this week. I boxed, rebounded, stretched, and clubbelled. Oh, and I wiggled and did ab exercises while at the computer. I believe that is called Fidgetcize. ;-) 

My Greenies: 
Not as good as the exercise. I discovered that I don't really enjoy eating the SAME thing every single day without a break. So I think from now on, I'll shoot for about 5 days per week.

One thing I like about myself:
That I didn't quit the challenge! No really... I like that I know that when I make a commitment, I have a choice as to whether or not I finish. I am not a victim, I have a choice. And whether or not I felt like it (and there WERE quite a few days here and there throughout the Challenge like that) I still knew that I could choose to persevere. So, that's what I did.

For my Reward: 



I emptied my glass Bear's tummy and counted up my stash... and I have enough to get my Reward, the Bamboo Fun drawing tablet for my computer. Yippee!!



I know it's been a looonnngg 13 weeks. This is the first time I've ever designed a challenge, and I have to admit that IF there is ever a next time, it will MOST DEFINITELY be shorter. Anyone up for a ONE day challenge?? Just kidding. ;-)

I look forward to reading how the rest of you Spring Challengers did, so please remember to check in.

We wanted progress, not perfection. It's obvious I didn't come anywhere near perfection, but I did learn a lot. And that is progress.







From Dr Phil's book: "Having specific, carefully mapped out, vividly envisioned goals is an absolute requirement for success."

My verse for today: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever."

My quote for today: "A champion shows who he is by what he does when he's tested. When a person gets up and says 'I can still do it', he's a champion." --Evander Holyfield, World Heavyweight Champion boxer; nicknames The Warrior, and The Real Deal

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


Related Posts with Thumbnails