Friday, August 14, 2009

DAY 5 Daily Routines

Hello there Journal!

I think I'd like to take a closer look at each of those things I listed yesterday in my "need to be CONSISTENT" list...maybe take one each day and roll it around in my head awhile...I still have a lot of work to do on that list!

The first was being consistent "in my daily routines". It's taken me a long time to hammer out a daily routine that works for me...when I WORK it, that is. Routines take some of the pressure away, and let things run smoother, and I don't have to figure it all out new each day, and rely on willpower every day...cuz most days it's not there! Like today...

Today I feel impatient for results...I don't "feel" like exercising...I don't feel like making an effort at much...all those old excuses are running in my head, like what's the use, one day off won't matter, no matter what you do it doesn't really seem to make a difference, you are just fooling yourself, who do you think you are to post a blog, you're just going to fail and look like a fool...on and on.

But I need to just ride out the storm, and it will pass...challenge those thoughts, and replace them with truth...I need to endure, and be patient for the results. So today, I will follow my routines, my daily schedule, and be consistent in the small efforts...eventually they will add up.

Yesterday the message from Ralph Marston must've been for me to remember today...it includes these thoughts:

One action, taken now, can have powerful consequences far into the future....
Time will magnify whatever you do. So even in the smallest matters, do what is right....
For over time, all your efforts will add together to exert great influence on your life...
Point all your actions, large and small... in the direction you wish to see your life move.
Time will combine all those actions into an increasingly powerful set of results, and now is when you can choose those results.
Make the future your friend by making the most of right now.

From Dr Phil's book: "Change will happen because you MAKE it happen."

My verse for today: "...being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience..."

My quote for today: "My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four...unless there are three other people." --Orson Welles

Enjoy the Journey...choose an Attitude of Gratitude.

Loretta
=^..^=

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails