Friday, August 14, 2009

DAY 2 Taking Action

Hello Journal!

I really like it when an idea seems to come to me from all directions...it is reinforced, and grabs my attention. Today I got off my duff, and did my exercise. I took ACTION.

I like this quote I read somewhere: The ultimate key to change is...ACTION.

Then, I flipped over my little flashcards where I have put my favorite quotes from Dr Phil's book, and what do I find?? "...for you to suceed, you have to translate this knowledge, awareness, and insight into ACTION."

And then later, I read from my little Bible verse flashcards, where I put some favorite verses, and what should pop up?? "Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." To me, that speaks of ACTION, and not giving up.

And THEN... I visited the Ralph Marston motivation site (click here) and of course (!) it was right on topic...here is part of what he wrote for today, Aug 11, 09:


The Time Is Right

The time is right, right now. Stop waiting and start doing.
When you have the thought to make a difference, act on it.
Live out your dreams by putting your ideas quickly into action....
Once you begin to take action, you've made an investment....
Taking action is your way to create that momentum.


I am glad I don't have to "feel" like it to DO it...today the emotions were not there. But I have set up Routines...habits...and they will carry the day when my feelings would like to take a vacation. Sheesh, this is only Day 2, and my emotions are already fluctuating! Good thing they ain't the boss!!!

From Dr Phil's book : "...for you to suceed, you have to translate this knowledge, awareness, and insight into ACTION."

My verse for today: "Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

My quote for today: "The ultimate key to change is...ACTION

Hey Loretta: Enjoy the Journey

Loretta
=^..^=

1 comment:

Sean Anderson said...

Ralph Marston is a very special writer to me. He knows how to completely disect my thoughts and emotions with just a few sentences.
He's amazing.

Congrats my friend
Sean

Related Posts with Thumbnails