Saturday, September 23, 2017

Sept 23rd... Knocked Down Again, Gettin' Up Again


Yesterday was tough. I felt beat up, beat down, and ready to “accept” that this was the way it was. This was it.

I felt like I was becoming a professional patient, with 2 to 4 medical appointments a week. It drained all my energy just to keep up, with nothing left over for my hopes and dreams. 

I asked someone about it, and they gave me logic. Well, when you get older, this is just the way it is… that kind of thinking. I felt defeated and in tears.

This morning a thought hit me: but what does God say about it??

I thought of verses that say things like “He will renew your youth like the eagle”. And “You will bear fruit even in old age”. But the doubts… oh the doubts. Was this for me? Even me? In spite of all my screw ups?

I opened my email this morning, and saw my Daily Promise, a newsletter I get with a verse for each day of the year. Of all 365 days, guess what I got THIS day??

“I will enrich your life and renew your youth like the eagle’s.”

That’s just too much coincidence for me to ignore!

Then, I happened to stumble on article (some link to another link to another link…) that had me in tears. The good kind. Here is one paragraph:

“Life will never be flawless. It will often slap us with humility and failures.
It’s a series of ups and downs. Getting smacks and punches are inevitable.
However, the desire of getting up should be stronger than those jabs.”

Link to whole article:

It tells about people who overcame adversity, even older people who achieved their dreams in spite of everything.

And it encouraged me. Greatly. If you need a shot in the arm of Encouragement today, I’d highly recommend carving out about 10 minutes to read and absorb this wonderful article.


"A Hope and a Future"
by Retta Stephenson 

This journey to health is not a straight line graph. Mine, at least, has had lots of ups and down. I'm so ready for some ups!

Continuing the journey,

Retta


6 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Sweet Loretta! I love how you encouraged yourself in the Lord, and I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this. I will be praying for you.

Nixpix said...

Loretta, what a positive blog post. Its a good reminder for all of us. Life has its challenges, but God is there to help us get thru. I love that God gave you the message twice, that he is there and going to help you get thru this.

Retta said...

Thank you so much, Margaret!

Retta said...

Thank you, Nixie. It was so encouraging to get that same message twice on the same day. Sometimes I need to hear it more than once to really sit up and take notice! :-D

Deb Willbefree said...

Hello, Old Friend. I haven't been blogging since summer...and just happened to stumble upon this post. Things have been tough here as far as my and Bill's health goes for a while. A few days ago, I was talking to God about it and the verse that came to mind was: and your youth will be renewed as the eagles.

Yep.

I've been praying it for the last few days. So, this was confirmation for me.

And, just to let you know, I have been praying for you daily for months. I'll add this verse in for you from now on.

Deb

Deb

Retta said...

Thanks Deb, that's a special verse to me, too. I'm still going to 4 to 6 appointments a week, trying to get this leg wound healed up, and other stuff. I hope we all get our youth renewed soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails