Saturday, May 1, 2010

DAY 265 Monthly Weigh Day & Challenge Update Week 6


Hello Journal & Friends,

Hotdog! I've been looking forward to this month's weigh-in. I get to officially change my sidebar, The Monthly Shrink. I am finally, FINALLY down past the 350's. 

This morning: 338 lbs, for a monthly loss of 12 lbs. I'll take that!



OKay, on to the...
 Spring Challenge Update, for Week 6.



Remember the overall goal of the Challenge?
"The goal of this challenge is to teach yourself to look at your new behaviors positively, to learn to be nicer to yourself and believe in yourself, to learn to enjoy healthy behaviors and learn some moderation. A little balance. It's important. More important to learn than the extremes - too much and deprivation." Nicely put, from Mary at Wistful Nebulae.

Spring Challenge Warriors: go ahead and put the link to your weekly update, whatever day you chose, here in Saturday's comment section, so we can be together and find one another.


My own Spring Challenge goals:

1. Every day for the next 13 weeks, do some kind of Exercise.
2. Every day for the next 13 weeks, drink a Greenie.
3. Check in every Saturday.
4. Tell one thing each week that I like about myself.
5. Save up to buy myself a fun Reward at the end.

My Exercise: Well, yesterday was the first day back. I did some exercising with my resistance bands, and some stretching. As soon as this cough/congestion improves, I plan to add in stuff that will get the ol' ticker racing.

My Greenies: Started up again. But must admit, it's not as fun when you can't taste much. Soon, soon I'll be better in that department.

One thing I like about myself: I appreciate all kinds of music... I like so many different styles. Everything from Andrea Bocelli to Zydeco... Rod Stewart, Golden Oldies, Hawaiian Island music, Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Temptations, Classical music, Celtic and instrumental Irish music, Handel's Messiah, Native American flute & drums, Elvis love songs, Ravel, any early Yanni... almost anything except harsh or non-melodic types that are jarring to the soul.

I credit my sister, Karen, with opening up my appreciation to music. She inherited the music gene in our family. In high school, she frequently had orchestra practice after school, and I had to wait for her to finish because that's when my Mom would arrive to pick us up (the times we didn't trudge 50 miles home through 10 foot snowbanks over hill and dale... mwha ha ha ha).

Anyway, by being forced to wait, I watched and listened as they would take a new song, and painstakingly learn it. They worked hard! At first, it sounded pretty rough. But I was amazed as the days went by how they improved, and at the end, it was a beautiful thing to hear. Ever since, I've had an appreciation for what it took to make beautiful music... the behind the scenes hard work and dedication.



For my Reward: Still squirrelling away money in my glass bear jar.



Remember, we want progress, not perfection.




Some of our fellow Spring Challenge members have disappeared... everyone doing okay??

From Dr Phil's book: "You talk to yourself more than everybody else in your life combined."

My verse for today: "A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul."

My quote for today: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!!! TWELVE pounds gone!! You surely eatned THAT loss, girlfriend, you surely did!!!

so happy for you. :D I am shouting for joy at your victory. Waaahhoooo!!! God is good! :D

OK. Challenge update. I did well. I was spot on every day with, maybe, one exception. :)

We ate at the Hole-In-The-Wall after church. I'm not sure of my fat grams for that meal. If I guessed correctly, I was within my limits. Other than HITW Sunday, I hit all goals for sure. :D

My one thing I like about myself? I am generous. I find joy in giving and have no need for gratitude or recognition. Just love giving.

We're halfway through, girlfriend. Whew!

AND CONGRTULATIONS ON THAT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://debwillbethin.blogspot.com/2010/04/aprils-travelogue-spring-challenge.html

Deb

Christine said...

wow Loretta!
Great Job!
12 lbs..holy crow you skipped a decade. lol.
I am so happy for you, well deserved and well earned.

My Big Fat Super Super Obese Blog said...

I'm so upset I didn't find your blog earlier! I started at 465 myself and am currently at 432. If you've visited my blog, you'll see I did more moaning and complaining this last year than any real dieting and exercising. You are certainly inspiring to me and added to my blog roll for sure! Congrats and best of luck to you xx

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous loss Loretta! Congratulations. Enjoy your challenge. I can tell you are going to rock it! Thanks for feeding my fishies.

financecupcake said...

Woohoo! You busted right through those 340s! That must be a great feeling. :) That's great you're able to exercise again! Take it slow, and don't over-do it! You are an amazing woman doing an amazing job on an amazing journey.

Shelli Belly said...

WOW 12 lbs. Why that's a dozen wonderful reasons to be so happy!

I'll post my Sping Challenge later but I wanted to give you my One thing I like about myself:

I like how I am not embarreassed to be in front of a crowd. Give me a microphone and I'm in heaven. I've MC'd a number of events at church and school and it just comes natural. Even this week during lunch I lead an impromptu line dance party with 7th and 8th graders. We played Harry Belafonte's Banana Boat Song in order to encourage the students to recyle their unwanted bananas instead of throwing them in the trash.

Day-ay-ay-o day-ay-ay-o
Daylight come and he wan' go home
he say day, he say day, he say day,
He say day, day-ay-ay-o

that TOPS lady said...

GREAT!! whoo hoo! cheering for ya! GO LORETTA!!! So proud of you!

financecupcake said...

My update: http://cincimom11.blogspot.com/2010/05/spring-challenge-week-5-success.html

Shelli Belly said...

Still so very excited for you!!!!

Here's my post
http://wp.me/py1R5-hr
or
www.shellibelly.com

Kat said...

Woo hoo - 12 pounds! Congratulations Loretta - that is so awesome and well deserved. I am loving your spring challenge. It has been a very grounding experience for me in a busy time.
Here is my post:
http://fitmindbodyspirit.blogspot.com/2010/05/spring-challenge-update-and-veggie.html
I am so excited for you!

M Pax said...

Excellent! Woooot!! Wooooottt!! So good to hear this good news from you. Yaaaay!

Glad you're back at it. Me, too. Been doing Bollywood and Pilates Sculpt. Them pilates women kick my butt.

Worked on finding my zen place [with critique and the R].

I keep plowing forward. Mostly, trying to get the first novel in polished order. That's my priority.

I do a little better at water. Not great. Now that it's starting to warm up, I'll probably start drinking more naturally.

Got more R 5 minutes ago. :-( It won't stop me.

maranda said...

Sorry I hadn't posted the last two weeks, my internet been down but here is my post for the last two weeks. http://glimpesofmyjourneythrulife.blogspot.com/2010/05/internet-is-back-up-2-wks-of-challenge.html

Anonymous said...

OMG! CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails