Saturday, December 26, 2009

DAY 139 Photos, Moose Munch & Moderation

Hi there Journal & Friends!


I have really been enjoying this Christmas. For the first time in... well, probably EVER, I didn't stuff myself and feel bad afterwards. I traded too many veggie calories for nut calories and other stuff I don't regularly have, so I don't claim to have eaten the most balanced the last couple of days. But at least I can feel good that in spite of it all, I stayed within my calorie budget. That's a first!

We will be having our Christmas dinner today at a restaurant, and the two days of the year that I allow extra calories are Thanksgiving and Christmas (yep, copying Sean Anderson's idea... and since he's now lost 230 lbs, he's not a bad example to follow!). It will be a nice family time... I'm looking forward to it.

My Christmas Eve Tea Party was soo much fun. My two nieces and my sister were here, and my great-niece, Jude, who is almost 2 years old. And of COURSE I must brag on her, and show pics!







Christmas Day was the end of the Countdown to Christmas Challenge (thanks Bella), and here is a pic of my earned reward, my Salt Crystal Lamp. I love it!



My hat is OFF to all of you who post good pics taken with your own camera pointing back at ya! I must've taken over a dozen, and they were either blurry, off center, or just plain cross-eyed looking!!

Well, off to eat me some sugar free Moose Munch... wowzer, that stuff is good. Don't worry, I'm counting the calories, and even used a measuring cup for accurate portions, something I'm still learning! I'm  THOROUGHLY enjoying that Moose Munch!
:-D  

It's taking time, but I AM learning moderation. Or maybe I should say I am learning ABOUT it... we are on speaking terms, and learning to become friends. It still doesn't always come easy, and at times I WANT more, but choose to say no, instead. I am hoping that in time, it won't even be an issue. That would be nice!

From Dr Phil's book: "When you are on the right track, there is an enormous energy that uplifts you."

My verse for today: "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

My quote for today: "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Loretta! You're lookin good, girl! And your niece is adorable. Thanks for the pics. And thanks for your comment on my blog, too. I think you and I are the only ones who made it to the blogspot today. :)

Later, gator. I'm off to read my copy of "Woman of Moderation." :) chuckle. good thing I believe in miracles--moderation is NOT something I'm accustomed to, that's for sure.

As you said--NOTHING is too difficult for God.

Good thing, Deb

dailyseeking said...

I love your quotes; especially today's. I'm buying a camera with Christmas cash and hopefully I will be able to post pictures--it's nice to be able to pull a curtain and look inside someone's life for a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

What is Moose Munch, by the way? :D Deb

Bella said...

Glad you love your reward. It makes me feel great to know that I played some small role in your success. Whoo HOOOO!

That quote from Emerson is one of my absolute favorites.

Retta said...

DEB: It's nice to hear that you understand the "moderation" struggle. I was thinking about it today... I am so far from eating by "intuition" it's not even funny! Right now I am grateful that the counting calorie thing is working great as a regulator... I totally don't trust MY sense of when to stop. :-O

Oh, the Moose Munch is famous around here. The famous company that makes it, Harry and David, is headquartered here in the Rogue Valley. Yet this is the first time I've ever had it. It's a fancy popcorn, in about 10 flavors. The one I was given was sugar-free (a considerate gift from my niece), and had caramel glazing, cashews, and chocotale pieces, all gooey-ed up together... yummo! But even sugar-free, it's not low calorie, so I'm being very careful.

DAILYSEEKING: Oh, how fun, I look forward to peeking behind the curtain at your house!

BELLA: Yes, I am so glad I just stumbled on your challenge, I think thru Dawn's blog. I like that Emerson quote very much, too. It means more to me now, as I plan a healthy new future.

Loretta
=^..^=

Anonymous said...

i cant find any sugar free moose munch!
Bartels used to sell the regular kind but they stopped carrying it and I dont know if they ever had the sugar free kind. I will keep looking!
Moderation is SOOOOO HARD for me. I tend to eat too much of a good thing which of course stalls me on weight loss.
I love after Christmas though because I am always ready to start over and try again! I cant stand to look at another loaf of banana bread, bleh!
Cute pictures! I think your self photo looks nice. I think my camera has a self photo option and this is why they always come out ok, something about the flash, I dont know...my kids probably know...LOL
:-)

Retta said...

Hi Nancy,
I looked online and couldn't find any sugar free Moose Munch either! At the Harry and David site it said this item was no longer available. Maybe it's seasonal... good thing for me, it's almost too good! And while it's sugar free, it definitely isn't "low" carb. So for me, I think I'd better keep it as a holiday treat.

I think I'll dig out my camera instruction book... maybe it says something about close-up self portraits. Thanks for the tip. :-)

Loretta
=^..^=

Christine said...

I have no idea what moose munch is...how terrible is that!
lol.
You can see the difference in your face loretta, just awesome.
And treating yourself by non caloric means is something I am learning to do as well....
I just do it with romance novels lol.
Your neices are too cute.
I want some neices...or nephews...if only my little brother would get married.
oh well...;o(
Glad you had a good Christmas.

Retta said...

Thanks, Chris.
You know, I was thinking about the reward, and realized that as much as I enjoy it, I loved even MORE how it made me feel to know I earned it with good choices about exercise. Now THAT was a nice reward!
Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails