Saturday, December 19, 2009

DAY 132 Kicking Out Mister In-Between


Good Morning Journal & Friends,


The tide comes in, the tide goes out... our enthusiasm can seem to come and go like the tides. But one thing I have learned is that while my enthusiasm may seem to wane for a time, I refuse to let that affect my DETERMINATION. One is a feeling, an emotion. The other is a choice. My choice to get healthy is iron-clad, non-negotiable, not even up for discussion in my head.


This last week I let my sleep get messed up, and feel pooped. I struggled to get my exercise in, and struggled to stay within my calorie limit. I DID it, it was just a hard week. I don't really feel "bad" or down, just sort of "eh". Sort of in-between. 


AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE THE POSITIVE (Mister In-Between) 




You've got to accentuate the positive 
Eliminate the negative 
Latch on to the affirmative 
Don't mess with Mister In-Between 


You've got to spread joy up to the maximum 
Bring gloom down to the minimum 
Have faith or pandemonium 
Liable to walk upon the scene 







So I decided not to float downstream with it like a dead fish, but DO something to try to perk up my blah feeling... to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and don't mess with Mister In-Between. 


So, this weekend we are going shopping at one of my favorite places, an art supply store (big smile here!). MyGuy received a gift card from work, and he sweetly said I could use it on art stuff.





And we'll go look at Christmas lights. We will NOT be slurping our annual Blizzard from Dairy Queen while we look at the lights. I'll think of something else tasty and festive, but a little more calorie friendly. One of those things has more calories than my whole dinner! And I used to eat a big dinner and THEN a big blizzard. Gee, can't imagine how I got to 460 lbs!! But this time will be fun and healthier, with no calorie-regret hangover.


I am on this train of thought thanks to the post by Chris at A Deliberate Life... about what you feel is worth it, and what you would just as soon let go in exchange for reaching a healthy weight. It's all about choices, and it's so personal. We need to find what we can live with, for the rest of our lives, and for me that takes a lot of experimenting. What works for one person isn't always a fit for someone else. All I know is... it seems like this last week my daily calorie budget evaporated awfully FAST!! It's a learning adventure, that's for sure. 





From Dr Phil's book: "Evaluate each and every option in your life against the priorities of your goals."


My verse for today: "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"


My quote for today: "Until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose otherwise."--Stephen R Covey


Enjoy the Journey,


Loretta
=^..^=


























8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! :) Deb

Anonymous said...

I had a horrible week last week, it must be the moon or something, ha ha
I just made the worst pumpkin hceesecake in the world...i wont be making that one again. Still am glad I made it and now can move on to another recipe. This is how I feel about my bad week. I sort of needed that bad week to propel me forward, since I was getting bored. Now I am propelled again!

Christine said...

Hi loretta,
Thank you for the mention...
The whole thing is personalized isn't it.
I admire your great attitude...especially when I feel mine slipping and want to make a profession out of being a hermit. I love reading your blog. I need to pull a sue and do shout outs to great blogs. there are a ton and yours certainly is one of them.

Retta said...

DEB: I'm a tryin. :-)

NANCY: I've made lowcarb pumpkin cheesecake, and discovered that I ALWAYS need to greatly increase the spices, and add extra sweetener, otherwise they taste like raw pumpkin. Yay for being propelled. :-D

CHRIS: Aww, that's nice of you to say, thanks!

Loretta
=^..^=

Joanne said...

Good Question Loretta - have to think about this for a bit. I know I mentioned about my massage therapist noticing my weight loss and asking me what I have given up and the answer was NOTHING. Just adjusting my priorities - like I have mentioned in my blog and in comments I feel like I have found a great number of inspirational people and we are going to rock this out in 2010 - so many great habits have been started and look at you 100 pounds gone!!!!

A great low cal sub for a blizzard (ok there is no true sub) but if you like Starbucks ask for a light Frappacino -- calorie count is more than half a blizzard - or whip up a frozen strawberry and yogurt smoothie.

Just enjoy and take it one day at a time during the holidays - one day of blowing the calorie budget (love that) isn't a slide - but I am sure you know that inside out.

Retta said...

Hi Joanne,
Oh, I really like the idea of making our own fruit smoothies to take. That way I know exactly what's in it, and can make it yummy just the way we like. Thanks for the good idea!
Loretta
=^..^=

dailyseeking said...

Loved this blog today; I've been out of sorts with being sick--I needed this today!

Retta said...

DAILYSEEKING: I hope you feel better fast... so glad this helped a bit!
Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails