Friday, December 4, 2009

DAY 117 Friday Favorites




Hi Journal & Friends,


It's Friday again, and time for:












So... what is your favorite color?


















I love color. All colors. I go through cycles where my favorite color changes, but right now it's... can you guess?? 


PINK.


Pink is a great color. It has a bad rep for being a "sissy" color, when in fact, it is a powerful color. Pink is a subtle version of red, a strong color with punch. Add a little white to red, and you have Pink. Pink is a power color, sneaking in under the radar.


Pink can be in-your-face, laughing right out loud bright... or it can be soft and quiet, barely there, in the background. 

Pink is a versatile color. Add a little orange to it, and it transforms into lovely shades of salmon...


Add a little blue to Pink, and it leans over and turns into magenta. 





















Add a neutralizing color, or even a little black, to Pink and it becomes a dusky, muted tone of Pink.























One of my favorite showcases for Pink is in Opal...  with different colors taking their turn to shine as the light hits them. 





















If you think about it, our journey to health is like the color Pink. There are days when we are flying high... bright Pink days when all is going right and we are laughing out loud.


And then we all have "those" days... the muted, dusky gray-pink days, when it's a struggle. When life tries to interfere and side-track our focus.


But most days, it's just your average middle-of-the-road, ordinary Pink. The day to day business of doing the things we know to do. Of making the right choices over and over and over and over....until it becomes such a good routine that we forget it's there... a background Pink, a daily part of our lives. 


Pink is wonderful in all its variations... and our journeys will have variations, too. And I think that's normal, and okay. Today is a bright Pink smiling day.

From Dr Phil's book: "I want you to choose to feel calm and very relaxed. Get up each morning, look at yourself in the mirror, and see yourself as the someone you will become, a person with a greater level of dignity and worth who, for probably the first time ever, is finally going to succeed--for a lifetime."


My verse for today: "So do not throw away your confidence, it will be richly rewarded."


My quote for today: "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." --Bill Cosby


Enjoy the Journey,


Loretta
=^..^=




7 comments:

Losing 100 said...

I like PINK too. I also love your quotes. The one by Bill Cosby totally relates to my post today and the fears I am going through. I'm going to remember it! Thanks!

Brightcetera said...

I love Pink as well. I think I need to find a wonderful pink mug for my coffee :D
Loretta, congratulations on your 100 lb weight loss!
Your blog is very uplifting and a nice place to visit.

Anonymous said...

:D I LOVE pink! My upstairs office and bedroom are awash in shades of pink and cream. (My carpeting is a deep mauve.) Everytime I go into those rooms, I feel strong and calm and pleased!

This whole post made me feel good!

Deb

Katie J ♥ said...

I just talked about this on my post today. I
L-O-V-E pink too!!

antgirl said...

Pink is a marvelous color. I like to wear it a lot. It's a great lipstick shade. I adore it in PJ's. My favorite PJ color. It reminds me of my grandmother. She adored pink.

Shelli Belly said...

Love the pink ladies.

One Hundred!!!!
Just FAB!

Retta said...

Thank you everyone! And how fun to find that so many other people like pink, too! Oh wait... no "gentlemen" commented to say they liked pink! I almost included a gorgeous pink suit a hunky guy was wearing; they say it is quite the thing for the fashion conscious and confident man. Try telling that to MY old-fashioned guy... he wouldn't be caught dead wearing pink... LOL!
Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails