Friday, December 11, 2009

DAY 124 Friday Favorites!


Good Morning Journal & Friends!



I could hardly wait for today!  You know how we all have our "favorite" things we use as little treats along this journey? Well, one of mine is tea. Hot, cold, with or without creamer, but always with stevia and sometimes xylitol. Mmmmmm. Think of a chilly evening, all bundled up and sipping a warm mug of flavored tea.





Oh, I forgot to say... I am sooo spoiled. I never, EVER drink "plain" tea. Nope, I am a Citizen of the Republic of Tea. They are my favorite purveyors of fine tea in the whole world. I love getting their little catalog in the mail, with the gorgeous photos, descriptions of tea flavors, and.... the free sample tea bag. And this time the sample was out of this world!! It was called Comfort and Joy Tea, a Holiday Spice Blend.



Gotta say, I'm itching to order some before it's gone! Their online site is (HERE).  You can go there and just request a free catalog.


They carry all kinds of flavored teas: black, green, red, white, and caffeine free. And some of the most lovely teapots I've seen. Me? Well, I confess to just heating the water in a plain little pan, and steeping in the mug. Maybe someday...





I must have about 15 different flavors all together. I bought them a few at a time in the cute round tins they came in, and if I really like the flavor, I get the refills in the cheaper paper bag, and refill the tin. We wrap up the bulk tea well, and store in the freezer, so it stays fresh a long time. It's cheaper to buy in bulk sizes, and you save on shipping that way, also. Oh, and I would recommend getting a sampler first, to see which flavors you really like.



Here are some of my absolute favorites:


For a pick-me-up hot tea earlier in the day, Yerba Matte Latte is scrumptious.



My favorite hot caffeinated tea at breakfast is Wild Blueberry Black tea.



For yummy iced tea, Kiwi Pear Green tea, or Pineapple Ginger Green tea.



This is MyGuys all-time favorite iced tea to make, Good Hope Vanilla. It's made with Red Rooibos, vanilla and spices, and is caffeine free. It is wonderful! If you love all things vanilla (like me) it's a must try.



I won't hardly ever drink water plain from the tap. Our water doesn't taste that good to me. So I almost always have big container of iced tea in the fridge. I lightly sweeten it with stevia, and this helps me get my "water" in for the day.


For a treat, and if I can spare the calories, in the evening I love having a mug of hot tea with stevia and a splash of creamer. It is so.... luxurious! 

As always, these are just my favorites, and my opinion... no compensation, company association or freebies involved. I really do love this tea, and just thought someone might enjoy having something on this journey to "indulge" in that has no calories, yet is thoroughly yummy!





From Dr Phil's book: "Don't just wake up every morning and react to what happens. Be proactive by setting goals and making plans for their attainment."


My verse for today: "Come near to God and he will come near to you."


My quote for today: "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." --C.S.Lewis


Bonus quote just because: "A woman is like a tea bag, you can not tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." --Nancy Reagan

Enjoy the Journey,


Loretta
=^..^=




7 comments:

Olivia said...

I am not a big tea drinker, but I have always wanted to go to Japan and participate in one of their tea drinking ceremonies. They teach you the traditional way of serving tea and such. That would be a cool reward for yourself if you are super into tea. :)

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed reading your post!

Retta said...

Hi Olivia,
I agree, I think they take something that can be ordinary, and turn it into an exquisite ceremony, full of tradition, beauty and meaning.
Actually, I WAS thinking of a "tea reward"... only it was to buy a lovely clear tea pot, and then some of those expensive tea pods that flower and bloom out when they enter the hot water. Sort of like "tea fireworks" inside the clear teapot... quite beautiful! Go here if you'd like to see some: http://tinyurl.com/yalfrl3
I'm glad you enjoy the blog... thank you for reading!
Loretta
=^..^=

antgirl said...

Oh, I was just at Whole Foods getting tea! Are we on the same wavelength today?

It's been so cold that hot tea has been a great way to keep hydrated. I go for licorice root as it helps my RSI problems. I just got some African red something or other, red apple [mmmm] and a cold remedy one. Wish I could afford to buy most of the aisle. :)

I'll have to look for that blueberry one, it sounds divine. Is it caffeine-free? Any caffeine after 4 and I'm up 1/2 the night. Baaah!

Retta said...

Hi Mary,
Hot tea on a cold day is such a treat! Yes, they make a Blueberry Green tea, which I also have. I don't have anything caffeine after 3 pm, cuz I'm caffeine-sensitive. But the green tea is naturally very low in caffeine, and something about the theanine in it seems to counter what little caffeine that naturally is there... so it's never bothered me. One other favorite I forgot to mention is Ginger Peach. Mmmmm.
Loretta
=^..^=

Anonymous said...

I love tea too! They sell the republic of tea brand at our neighborhood drug store Bartels! I get that for my kids' teachers for Christmas every year! And we own a few tins too. Pomegranate Green tea, Hot Apple Cider Tea and Yerba Matte Late! We have others teas too, just today I bought peppermint for my oldest daughter because thats her fave and Vanilla Chai for my younger daughter, we are a tea consuming family, LOL One day, we will have a tea party my friend!

financecupcake said...

Ooooh, I love tea! Thanks for sharing your favorite brand and their site! I am definitely going to check them out! I love that they have a yerba mate. Honest Tea (cold tea) has some yerba mate teas, and I LOVE them. YUM!!!

Retta said...

NANCY and CINCIMOM: How fun... so many tea lovers! And it's a little luxury that most everyone can afford, and it can be made with no calories. Yum.
Definitely a tea party!
Loretta
=^..^=

Related Posts with Thumbnails