Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DAY 122 Is it Real & Choosing to Live

Hello Journal & Friends!



 I keep seeing the little Century Club badge on my blog.



 And you know what? As weird as this sounds, as excited as I am to have finally made it to this milestone, a part of me felt it wasn't real. It was just a number. I didn't "feel" that different. 


I was puzzling over this out loud, and MyGuy silently disappeared out of the room. I figured he was bored from hearing me go on and on about this weight thing again. But a few minutes later he reappeared, with the hand truck loaded up with cat litter bags and bricks! Huh??


He told me to sit in a sturdy chair, then started to carefully pack this weight around me. He said it was about 100 pounds. Yikes!! Stop!!! He didn't even get it all onto me before I felt smothered and so pinned down that I literally could not move!!!





Talk about a tangible lesson... wowee zowee!! I was stunned. I absolutely cannot believe that I was able to stand at all, let alone walk a few feet, even with a walker or canes. 


No wonder my knees were excruciating. 
No wonder my back gave out in 60 seconds.
No wonder I was breathless walking across the room to the bathroom.
No wonder I can't breath at night without being hooked up to a machine.
No wonder I was exhausted all the time, regardless of sleep.
No wonder I was injured at the slightest wrong move.

No wonder my body was crying out to me to DO SOMETHING before it was too late.


I can't tell you how grateful I am to finally "get it". There just aren't enough words to adequately express how wonderful it feels to have Hope again. To be seeing progress. And to have found a community of like-minded people here in Blogland,  and my online friends. People for whom weight loss is not a "hobby", but it is life or death.


I choose to live.



From Dr Phil's book: "If you program yourself and your environment in such a way as to support your goals and actions, then you have programmed your world to help you lose weight, to sustain your commitment, and to live your life in a meaningful, purposeful driven way."


My verse for today: "Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord."


My quote for today:  "Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul." --Samuel Ullman


Enjoy the Journey,


Loretta
=^..^=




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful and wise action by your husband! Deb

Retta said...

Hi Deb,
Yep, after 32 years of marriage, he still manages to surprise me now and again! :-D
Loretta
=^..^=

Unknown said...

I love it! I remember seeing an episode of The Biggest Loser in season 7 where the contestants had to carry the amount of weight they had lost and throw it over a wall. It made them realize their accomplishments. I think what your hubby did was a wonderful way to help you realize how much you've accomplished so far!

Joanne said...

Your man is AWESOME!!! I still brag about finding you on the blogs - you are a star!!!

Lisa Marshall said...

Amazing feat! You should be proud.
Lisa

Retta said...

DEBBIE: I've seen those episodes, too. Always impressive. And for anyone with a smaller loss who needs a "boost", I'd say fill a suitcase with books til it weighs the equivalent of what they've lost, and then try to lift it! Really amazing how heavy it feels

JOANNE: Awww, that's a sweet thing to say... about us both!

LISA: I would have to yes, sort of. Because it's tempered with how far I still have to go, 159 MORE pounds. But at least I am sure now that I pretty much know how and am determined not to stop til I get there. That helps!
OH! I just remembered... we had your homemade eggnog at Christmas... wowee!! Thank you. :-)

Loretta
=^..^=

Sean Anderson said...

Words cannot describe how happy I am for you. I understand what you're experiencing---and I read your blog and realize---You completely "get it" in every single way. You are such a wonderful inspiration my friend. Thank you so much,

My best always
Sean

Related Posts with Thumbnails