Well, I already admitted that the last couple of weeks of the Spring Challenge were tough ones for me. But when it was over last Saturday, I got lazy. I didn't do any exercise all weekend. And this week has been on the light side. Yikes, that's gotta change!!
It's now officially Summer. And historically for me, summer has been a time of hiding out from the heat, just trying to stay cool. When you "wear" extra pounds of insulation, that's not easy.
So I'm upping the ante! I decided to challenge my attitude, kick mediocrity to the curb and go for Excellence. To make an honest, excellent effort this summer, in spite of the heat. To get back with the program.
I am declaring a summer war on fat!! LOL!
It's going to be a SUMMER SMACKDOWN! It's gonna be a long hot summer, and I want this one to be the LAST one that is this hard due to the excess fat hanging around like a fur coat, making me too hot. I want this time next Summer to be different, for REAL.
So I am deciding to do 2 things.
First, is Attitude.
I made myself an Attitude Badge, to remind me of my Summer Smackdown and my war on fat during the summer. I am very visual, and seeing this in my sidebar each day will help me stay focused:
Second, is Action.
I joined a new challenge. It is being hosted by Deb, at Deb Will Be Free. It is called the
It is 4 weeks long, starting July 5th. You choose your own goals; all the details are HERE.
My goals for the Freedom Challenge are simple: Consistency. Getting that consistency back in the basics:
1. STUDY. Consistently do my reading each day. I am enjoying an online read-the-Bible-in-one-year program and want to be consistent in that.
2. NUTRITION. I want to be consistent again in not going over my daily calorie budget, even by a little. I got sloppy, and justified a "little here, a little there." No more.
3. SLEEP. Getting to bed on time. Not playing around on the computer, or watching old Star Trek reruns on tv. Go. To. Bed!
4. EXERCISE. Consistently follow my pre-set schedule. I KNOW when I must genuinely make adjustments, or when I am making excuses. No more.
5. WATER. Instead of hit and miss and guessing, I want to consistently drink my minimum 2 quarts per day. I will measure it out in the morning in a jug.
Well, that oughta keep me busy for the hot four weeks of the Freedom Challenge!
From Dr Phil's book: "When you are on the right track, there is an enormous energy that uplifts you."
My verse for today: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."
My quote for today: "Have a dream. Once you have a dream, make a plan. Once you have a plan, go for it with determination. With a dream, a plan, and determination, you can accomplish anything. Even the impossible." --Kyra, A Foodie Gets Fit
Enjoy the Journey,