Friday, August 27, 2010

DAY 379 ZZzzzzzzz.......


Hello Journal & Friends,

"If it was a snake, it would've bit ya!"  

That was the saying in my family when I was a kid... used when something was so obvious, but we didn't see it. It could have been an object we were hunting for, or an idea.

I finally figured out why I have been struggling so much this week, in every area... and it was sooo obvious! It's almost embarrassing to admit... it was SO OBVIOUS, yet for some reason I just didn't see it...

I've been short on sleep all week. Duh.

And maybe that's why I didn't see it... my brain wasn't firing on all cylinders. The problem is now so obvious... and so is the solution. 
















Today's Peek at the Past (No way! It can't be... sheesh, haven't I learned a thing in a whole year??! This is soooo humbling... tempted to skip this one. But in the interest of self-honesty, I'll just let it all hang out.)

From Day 18, August 27, 2009:
How strong is my desire to be successful on this mission?
Am I willing to do whatever it takes? Whatever??
Am I being honest with myself?
Is there anything in my plan that needs fine-tuning?
Are there aspects of my life that I am avoiding addressing, or stalling on changing?

I have to admit, I answered yes to those last two. It has to do with time management, and getting enough sleep consistently. This is not a new issue for me, and I even have a "plan". But I have not made it a priority, and allowed excuses to pre-empt "the plan".

This was not what I had intended on writing today. But I am tired. I am on my second cup of coffee...and I NEVER have more than one...usually. Spellcheck can't even keep up with me today...obviously I need to apply the No Excuses Mentality to THIS problem.

(For complete post "Travel Friends  & Sleep... or Lack Thereof" click HERE


From Dr Phil's book: "Impulse moments are critical for you to manage... you need a real strategy worked out in advance."

My verse for today: "Laziness brings on deep sleep, and the shiftless man goes hungry."

My quote for today: "Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds." JoJo Jensen

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: lookback snippet: ! :O ! No way, Loretta!

That is just uncanny. God is smiling right now! ahahahaha.

I tend to have trouble with sleep, too. If I get to bed before 2a.m., I count it a victory.

This past two days have been AWFUL. Like 6a.m. awful. :( I slept till 11a.m. today. Ummm, that would be 5 hours. :(

I just came across FLYlady. I'd heard her mentioned, but hadn't a clue as to what it was about. If you don't know, tell me and I'll explain.

But one of her tips is to get up in the morning and get dressed down to lace-up shes, hair, face RIGHT away. really?

Actually, I do get dressed first thing. But not clothes I could wear out... and slippers or socks--certqainly not shoes. And, hair? Well, no--not hardly. ugh.

I dunno. Probably another tip is "Just go to bed!"

chuckle.

I'll let you know how this goes.

But--that lookback? HAAHAHAHAHAHA! You're a brave woman for posting that. Well, brave, honest and sleep-deprived. chuckle.

Deb

Lisa Marshall said...

I love all the sleepy snapshots. That is pretty much what my dog looks like all the time. I have a hard time sleeping too. Always so much to do, I can't get my brain to slow down sometimes. What is worse is waking up way too early and staying in bed thinking about all the things that need to get done. Seems I never get through the list that seemed so possible in the morning! Sweet Dreams to you--soon I hope.

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

I was going to post a comment, but now I'm so darn sleepy, I can't keep my eyes open. Makes it hard to see what's right in front of my face. LOL!

Hugs,
Mary

M Pax said...

Well, get some zzz's then, young lady! lol It is funny how sometimes we are baffled by something so in our face. Lack of sleep does funny things to us.

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Sleep isn't just beneficial to the mind and body, but is essential to maximize creativity!

financecupcake said...

AWWWWW!!!! I love the pics of the sleeping animals! How precious! I haven't been getting enough sleep either, and I can see the effects across the different parts of my life. Are there any good effects? Hmm, wasted time and... That's it. Going to bed at a reasonable time just seems so difficult. I hope you have better luck than I do!

Interesting: Sleep can have big effects on weight lose. Gee, that sure should motivate us to sleep more!!

Anne H said...

You were sleep deprived - that's why it didn't occur to you!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Diana said...

Aha! Lack of sleep. Gosh, sounds just like me. I've been in a weepy, woe is me pity party all week. I've also been running on empty. Let's make a deal, let's both really aim for 8 hours a night. Or at the very minimum, seven. Sounds like we're in the boat...sheer and utter exhaustion! And I really need to be firing on all cylinders these days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails