Thursday, August 5, 2010

DAY 361 Thankful & Thrilling Thursday

Hi there, Journal & Friends!

Today was going to be plain ol' Thankful Thursday.



I was going to properly think of things for which to be thankful... and there are quite a few, without even trying! 

Such as:

Hope. Hope that comes from experiencing progress in this journey. Hope to see more progress. And Hope for something I can't see yet, except in my heart and imagination... that I will make it ALL the way this time. 

Pressure. Yes, I'm thankful for pressure! I've learned from Coach Dayne at Coach Your Mind  to change my interpretation of Pressure. Now,  it is the fuel in my rocket boosters that explodes with power, propelling me along to success!

It is that extra oomph I need to push myself to achieve a thing. 

It is an opportunity to rise above my own mediocrity, and reach higher. To not settle for less than.

One of my all time favorite quotes is from motivational speaker Les Brown: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."



Then I checked my email. 

And was THRILLED to discover that my blog had been included  in a list for an article titled: "50 Best Blogs for Beating Food Addiction." (HERE).


Then I started laughing. The joke was on me! It was sooo funny to me that NOW, at this time, when I was up to my eyeballs getting ready for this yard sale, I got picked! At a time when I'm trying to figure out how to "phone it in", to skate by, to give less than 100%. GOTCHA!! 

This was just too funny. And... I am thankful to have been caught. 

Because I am only halfway to my goal. I can't afford to give less than 100%. I can't afford to take it for granted, to coast. It is too easy to think I "deserve" a little break. I'm busy... it's hot... it's only for a few days... no one would know... after all, aren't we supposed to "live" life, not just write about it??

I'll call these thoughts what they are...excuses. It's too soon for me to go there. This is just too important to me... I NEED to keep my momentum up. 

Time to get honest with myself! Getting so busy this week has interfered with my focus, and I didn't even count calories a couple of days. I'm just not ready for that... I am positive I ate too much! And that feels scary.

Well, the FEELINGS come and go... ebb and flow like the tide.

But my ACTIONS don't need to follow the feelings. Feelings aren't facts. Sometimes we just need to DO the healthy thing, make the right choices, and maybe later the feelings will come out to play.



So please forgive me for wanting to phone it in during the yard sale. I promise to try to do better than that.

I am Number 47 on that blog list. I hope you enjoy checking out the other bloggers there. Some of them looked fascinating!!


From Dr Phil's book: "Whatever the situation, you can choose your reaction. No matter what the circumstances, your interpretation of those events is of your own choosing."

My verse for today: "Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld."

My quote for today: "What I've found is that you can't make a half-hearted swipe at this and expect to be successful. You really need to throw yourself into what you're doing, commit to making big changes and do everything in your power to stick with them." Jack Sh*t

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Loretta, your blog is in my top 5. You, Chris, Jen, Sean, and Tony (zeusmeatball) are my favs, totally. If you 5 can't get someone to get going and lose that weight, I don't know who can!

M Pax said...

Excellent! You do have a great blog. That's really exciting.

Although a busy schedule may cut into formal, structured workouts, it's no excuse to eat bad. All that moving is informal exercise. Embracing life is wonderful. I'm glad to read you're doing more of it.

Enjoy your weekend, and you honestly do have a lot to be thankful for. I'm happy you see it, too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, WLW!

And, you're right--of course. Although all of the work, time, effort, thought that goes into prepping for a yard sale IS a legitimate reason to put less time into your blog--it really isn't an excuse to go off of your food plan by not counting calories and eating more than you ought. Just isn't.

Isn't it amazing that we can do that so easily? That thought, uh-hmm action, scares me, too. Every time I visit there. Fortunately my visits have been brief of late.

BUT, Jesus will not let us slip away from this journey, will He? We've committed it to Him, told Him we really, really want to do it this time, and have asked Him to help us. He took us at our word.

:D Again, congrats on being included in the 50 best. chuckle.

:D

Deb

Jules - Big Girl Bombshell said...

Congratulations on the recognition! You deserve it! Les Brown is one of my top 5 motivational people! That Shoot for the Moon is one of my favorite quotes too! My Shoot for the Moon goal right now is 50 lbs by my 50 birthday....January..Lofty goal but at least I know I will land amongst the stars!

financecupcake said...

WOW!!! Loretta, that is awesome! Haha, it sounds like this honor couldn't have come at a better time. :) One of these days, exercising will be as normal as skipping flour and sugar. I've got the exercise part down, but I still struggle with food. Can we combine and make a perfect weight loser? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails