Hi Journal & Friends,
I think I am in need of another Thankful Thursday.
Today I am thankful because...
1. We have medical insurance that will pay for 80% of the hand surgeries.
2. There is no rush... I can stall the surgeries til cooler weather.
3. Today is a fresh, new day... I will do better today with my exercise.
3. The temptation to stuff my face after I got the news that I needed surgery on both hands was not overwhelming... and I felt good allowing myself to FEEL it, and have a good cry.
4. I have met wonderful people in blogland... fellow travelers who understand.
5. And I am thankful that God's love endures forever.
I goofed up again, and didn't get enough sleep last night... I'm pooped. So I guess I can also be thankful that today has no pressing appointments, and I can crawl back into bed after this post!!
Today's Peek at the Past
From Day 17, August 26, 2009:
But for ANY plan to work... change must come from the inside. Any plan could work, but any plan can FAIL, too, if the thinking is wrong. Right thinking is a powerful foundation for that necessary change. Obviously, I had work to do in my thought and choice making processes or I would not have gotten up to 460 lbs!
A while back I was talking to my doctor, and said offhandedly "this weight is not a physical problem, is it a MENTAL problem." He looked right back at me, nodded his head and firmly said "Yes!"
So that is why I probably sound a bit redundant...always harping on the mental aspect of this journey...that The Battle Is Won Or Lost Between The Ears.
(for complete post "Way of Eating & Way of Thinking" click HERE)
From Dr Phil's book: "Successful people do what unsuccessful people won't... you don't have to like them; you just have to do them."
My verse for today: "Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust."
My quote for today: "The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places." --author unknown
Enjoy the Journey,