Saturday, August 28, 2010

DAY 380 Action, Not Talk


Good Afternoon, Journal & Friends,

I'll keep it Short & Sweet today.



"The best bridge between despair and hope 
is a good night's sleep." 
--E. Joseph Cossman

All I really have to say is... I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I slept like a log last night, and didn't set the alarm. I didn't need to get up and make two meals for MyGuy to take to work today, so I figured I'd just allow myself to get "all slept up". 

Today the idea of exercise is not so daunting.
Today cleaning the house seems like a good idea.
Today I feel like making something healthy and yummy to eat.
Today I feel like making an EFFORT!

Yay SLEEP!


(Maxfield Parrish "Mountain Ecstasy")

Today's Peek at the Past (Okay, okay... I get the message! Time to stop talking about my lack of regular sleep, and start DOING something about it.)

From Day 19, AUGUST 28, 2009:
He says you don't get rid of bad habits, you replace them with healthy ones. You take action. And for me, it took taking those actions over and over and over, and I will admit that some of those old habits STILL give me problems (umm, like...not getting regular sleep!).


It takes CONSISTENT action...not just action. How long? For as long as it takes to stick. Shakespeare said: "Assume a virtue if you have it not."


Could it be that if we don't consistently put the new habits into action, again and again and again--as long as it takes, until we have "grafted" it into our thinking and actions and it really has taken root--well, that might be why it seems to evaporate so easily, and we find we even forgot all about it for awhile??? 

(For complete post "New Habits: Teflon or Velcro?" click HERE


From Dr Phil's book: "If you continue to eat the way you've always eaten, you will continue to stay the way you've always been."

My verse for today: "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

My quote for today: "The amount of sleep required by the average person is five more minutes." --Wilson Mizener

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


4 comments:

Anne H said...

Hope you are having a great day!
Love your words today.

mamajuliana said...

Guess what I got in the mail!!!?!?!?

They are adorable. I took a picture of the lovely couple on my front porch-but I forgot and left my camera in the car, so I can't post the picture until hubby is home this evening.

Thank you so much Loretta!!! You should of heard hubby when he came home from work last night, "HEY, who is the couple on our porch?"

We'll be good parents, promise!

Anonymous said...

yay, sleep! I'm hoping for some tonight, myself. :D Deb

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

Glad you got caught up on your sleep. It makes it so much easier to "enjoy the Journey." :)

Hugs,
Mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails