It's time to get CONSISTENT with my exercise!
I was at Dawne's blog at 365 Days To A New Me! and read about the fun challenge she is doing, the Countdown To Christmas Challenge. It sounded like just the thing to get me kick-started with my exercise goals. So, I joined!
The Countdown to Christmas Challenge was started by Bella, at Bella on The Beach. The info for the challenge is (here).
1. Choose a specific, realistic goal that you can achieve by December 25th.
2. Post weekly updates (you choose the day) about your progress.
3. Decide on a gift (reward) that you'll give yourself when you meet your goal.
So here is MY info for the Challenge:
1. My goal for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge is to exercise, without fail, 5 days per week (I'll do it on the days that Jim is at work, with whichever 2 days he has off as MY days off).
2. I will post my progress on Mondays.
3. For my Reward gift I will buy myself a Natural Salt Crystal lamp... the kind that I can put different colored lights inside, according to whatever mood I'm in.
I'm excited about this challenge because whenever I join something like that, I usually feel energized from it and seem to do better. I guess I still haven't mastered the kind of motivation that totally comes from within vs the kind that comes to me from outside sources. I am better at it now, but not all the way there yet. So this will be fun!
In anticipation for the Challenge I finally got busy and got together the supplies needed to make my own home-made exercise Hula Hoop. It costs sooo much less than the ones on the internet. The link to do-it-yourself instructions are (here).
And here is a little introduction to "hooping" from hooping.org
I may not be able to actually DO it for awhile... but I'll burn a lot of calories by picking the hoop up off the floor over and over and over... LOL!
I am not physically able to do a LOT of exercise yet, but if I am CONSISTENT with what I CAN do, I know it will add up in the long run.
Ralph Marston said it this way:
"What it takes is some focused effort in the direction of your goal. A small effort is just fine, as long as you keep it going.For when you make a little progress, and then make a little more, it begins to quickly add up." (see HERE for the complete article on Consistency)
Today is also my usual Weigh Day. The verdict: 365, for a loss of zero pounds. Ack! Definitely motivation for the Countdown To Christmas Challenge!!
From Dr Phil's book: "Get off your duff and get moving."
My verse for today: "My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from him."
My quote for today: "Ideas not coupled with action never become bigger than the brain cells they occupied."--Arnold H Glasgow
Enjoy the Journey,