Monday, November 30, 2009

DAY 113 Christmas Countdown & The Big Celebration!


Hello Journal & Friends!



First, gotta take care of business. My goal for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge was to exercise 5 days per week.  This was the week of Thanksgiving, and MyGuy was off work and home for 4 days in a row. Did I make my goal??........... drumroll........ Yes! It wasn't easy, but so what, I did it. I want that reward on Christmas, what can I say! Besides, more than the planned reward (my Crystal Salt Lamp), what I really want is to accomplish this difficult thing and feel proud of myself. So, it feels good to be making progress. :-)

Now, to the Big Celebration. Today was my regular weigh in day, and finally, FINALLY, I made it. I was 360, for a 1 pound loss, which just puts me at 
100 pounds lost. 
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I feel like I have finally  "earned" something... like I am here to stay, for the long haul...I'm not going away...I've been around this block a few times and survived a lot of fights and come out stronger for it. YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!

I could wish I had done it sooner.
I could regret all the years I would not change.
I could lament over losing and regaining in the past.
I could whine that it has been such slow going.

But today, just today, I will NOT negate the fact that I have lost 100 pounds from my all time high of 460 lbs.

I don't know why it makes such a difference to me. Isn't losing 90 pounds great? Isn't losing 80 pounds great? For whatever reason, 100 pounds feels like a milestone to me, and I think I will just roll with it and celebrate and feel GOOD, and leave the analyzing for another day.

Don't ever give up on anyone. It may take some longer than others to get there, but never, ever count anybody out. KEEP GOING. Always KEEP GOING.


From Dr Phil's book: "You succeed because you make the right choices, you choose the right attitude, and you enact the right behavior to generate the right results. It is you who must create the life you want, and the choice is yours to make."

My verse for today: "Love is patient, love is kind."

My quote for today: "If you are going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoooo! YAY! clap, clap, clap, jump up and down and SHOUT!!! Congratulations! 100 pounds! That is huge--huge in perseverence, huge in determination--huge in making wise choices, one choice at a time! You have lost 100 pounds! so happy for you. :D

Deb

Unknown said...

Yay for you! How wonderful! 100 pounds! You are such an inspiration to me. It gives me hope that I can lose my 212 pounds to meet my goal. You are doing wonderful!

By the way, I have nominated you for an award. Come by Monday to pick it up!

Congratulations on meeting a big milestone in your journey!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yay!!!! You reached the 100 mark thats fantastic!!!! Congrats woman, you deserve to feel proud!

Christine said...

CONGRATULATIONS....GOOD JOB....AWESOME..INSPIRING....and every other word I can think of.
But nothing I could say can match the feeling you had when you stepped on the scale and realized what you had accomplished.
Street cred is right.
fashizzle.

{ALL} for a Better Life said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME -- WOW, you blow me away girl! Such great news for this cold morning. I can't wait to be around for the next 100, in fact lets do it together!

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Woooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo 100lbs is freaking awesome! I am so proud of you. You are such a motivation :)

Losing 100 said...

YEHAW!!!! 100 pounds is amazing! That is so awesome. You are a great example to me, and prove that it can be done. I'm down 66 pounds since April and am pushing toward my goal of 100. Thanks for the motivation and congrats on the accomplishment.

Retta said...

Thank you so much, EVERYONE, for all the nice comments. It makes it even more fun to share the celebration with others that understand! I appreciate so much you all taking the time to join me in celebrating!

Still grinning,
Loretta
=^..^=

Joanne said...

Loretta - congrats!!! I just found your blog through Chris and I must say I am impressed and thrilled with how you are doing. There is a lot of bloggers that are determined and successful and I love being part of that community. Here's to your next goal.

http://joannetryingagain.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails