Saturday, August 15, 2009

DAY 6 Exercise, Strength & Jack LaLanne

Hello Journal!





Well, it's 3pm and I still don't have my exercise done today! How appropriate that I was going to cover the 2nd item today from my "need to be CONSISTENT" list, which turns out to be...drumroll..."making exercise non-negotiable". Ha! Guess what I will be doing as soon as I am done here...

Since the internet is FULL to overflowing with the wonderful benefits of exercise, I won't bore myself with that now...what I want to remind myself is how far I have come.

Do I still exercise from my Powerchair? Yes.
Am I limited as to how many seconds I can stand and walk? Yes.
Am I still recovering from a bum shoulder and can't use my resistance bands yet? Yes.

But...
Before, when I was 460 lbs, I had to lay in bed and exercise on the horizontal! NOW, I am doing chair dancing with goofy Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies.

Before, my blood pressure was so high, I worried about exercising. NOW, my last check at the doctor it was around 135/80. Cool!

Before, I gave up because I was always getting injured. NOW, I have learned to say NO to someone else's ideas and do what is right and safe for ME.

Remember the old saying...Use it or lose it? Well, it's true for muscles, too. I like what Dr Phil says in his book about exercise:

"Demand nothing less than the best of yourself and for yourself."

"Food behavior and exercise behavior are highly interactive..you feel better so you want to eat better."

"Make time for exercise, then protect that time...NO EXCUSES...Let nothing interfere, absolutely nothing."

"Require more of yourself."

It may take me longer, but I WILL get there.

Ummm...guess I'd better get off my duff and get there TODAY! Sometimes it's downright scary how easy it is to let excuses get in the way....Not today.

I have so long to go on this journey, that I just MUST establish good exercise routines now. Well, come to think of it, no, I don't. Instead I will say I WANT to establish good exercise routines now. I like that better. I am responsible, it's all about choices. And exercise will bring me strength...I want strength...therefore...I want to exercise. Hey, someday I might even shock myself and say I love it!


From Dr Phil's book: "It's about changing yourself from the inside out..."

My verse for today: "Taste and see that the Lord is good."

My quote for today: "We can do anything we want if we stick to it long enough." --Helen Keller

Oh oh! I almost forgot to include this link from Dr Mercola's newsletter to some great old video clips of Jack LaLanne back in the...50's? Loved it! Scroll down past the hilarious "fat" pics to see Jack.




Enjoy the Journey...

Loretta
=^..^=



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails