Sunday, September 13, 2009

DAY 35 Full of Memories






Good Afternoon Journal,

Full of memories today...I stayed up most of last night reading a small book by Geneen Roth, titled "The Craggy Hole in My Heart and The Cat Who Fixed It." (about the book here)

I hadn't intended to once again wreck my schedule...but once I started reading, I NEEDED to keep reading. I cried my way through the book...there was something in there for me, and I knew I had to keep reading.

It was a good cry...a healing cry...and I am smiling today, flooded with memories. They are not phoney "the way I wanted it to be" memories. But sweet and real...full of love, acceptance and forgiveness.  Nice...peaceful..."warm and fuzzy" type memories.







From Dr Phil's book:  "Heal your feelings so that your eating behavior is no longer fueled by harmful emotions."

My verse for today: "The Lord is my strength and my song."

My quote for today: "God gave us memories that we might have roses in December."  J.M. Barrie

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
Daughter of Mary
=^..^=


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails