Friday, September 4, 2009

DAY 26 Energy, Hamsters & Question Five

Good Evening Journal,

Energy...ahhh...that elusive quality, that spark, that power that give the oomph and get-up-an-go!! I sooo miss that...it is one of the things that I am most excited to regain. Because with it, I will be able to DO all the things that are swirling inside my head.

On the right side of my Blog here, I have a funny (to me) little gadget called Hampy. That is what I called hamsters when I was a little kid. I had many hamsters...LOVED 'em. But no one taught me HOW to properly care for them, and they were always dying on me. Back then, I honestly never knew why. 




I remember one time trying to revive a poor, cold stiff little hamster by putting him gently into the slightly warm oven, with the oven door open. Well, hey...I was a little kid and desperate...what did I know?? 

I held many a funeral in the back yard for my little darlins. I cried and cried. And each time my Mom swore never again...no...no more hamsters. But she always gave in. ;-) 



My sister had parakeets, my brother had guinea pigs, I had hamsters. Oh, and we all had the normal allotment of cats and dogs, and one time a pet duck named Sammy. My step-brother even had baby alligators!!

One reason hamsters fascinate me is that they are so full of energy! When not sleeping, they are busy eating, drinking, or running around on that wheel...around and around and around! Just like in that silly gadget on my blog. I ENVY that energy...I WANT it!!


And when I lose more weight, I fully expect to have it!!

The fifth question from Bob Greene's 5 Questions (started here) brought about these thoughts on energy. Here it is:
___________________________________________

Question 5:  Why do you want to lose this weight?

My Answer:  to regain my health as much as possible... to be a better wife... to have enough energy to be the artist I was meant to be, the person I was meant to be... and maybe a door would open up where my art could be of some value and usefulness...love God and love others
_______________________________________


I first wrote this answer back in January of 09. Re-reading it now, I sort of like it...it makes me smile. I don't think I would change it at all right now. 

Sometimes, at this point in my journey with about 181 lbs still to lose, I get impatient...it seems like it is taking forever! I have to remind myself that it will come...in time...and in the meantime to keep learning the lessons along the way that will help me KEEP it off for a lifetime, like consistency, honesty, no excuses, hard work, enjoying each day along the way, being grateful, focus...and more to come, I am sure. 







"Still on the Journey"
(click to enlarge)

From Dr Phil's book: "Your thoughts powerfully program you."

My verse for today: "I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me...God sends his love and his faithfulness."

My quote for today: "If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means, KEEP MOVING." Martin Luther King, Jr

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails