Monday, September 7, 2009

DAY 29 First Month & The Grumps

Good Afternoon Journal,

I realized last night that today's weigh in was the end of my first month of my ReStart...4 full weeks. Todays stats: 376 lbs, for a loss of 4 lbs. Since my goal was 3 lbs, that's great! So for my first month since my ReStart, that's a total loss of 12 lbs...and down 84 lbs from my highest weight of 460.  I don't feel it yet, like in my knees, but I am hoping to soon. :-)

Today was a strange day...I started out excited from exceeding my weekly weight loss goal...then allowed myself to get frustrated and angry over circumstances that took me by surprise. Hey Loretta...why don't you blog about Attitude today??!



THEN I ran across an old note I had handwritten to myself from 2003, after watching a Dr Phil show on tv. Here is exactly what this little pink piece of note paper said:

____________________________________________
Life is not a "dress rehearsal". You only go through it once--it's too short and precious to waste time being negative, bitter, angry, etc etc.

How do want to spend it? Tired, overweight and sick? Or energetic, healthy, with a passion for life??!

 "I want you to enjoy your life!"--Dr Phil
____________________________________________

Hmmm....since I don't believe in coincidence, I have to assume that message was a "gentle" jab at my attitude!! LOL!

I am choosing to smile, be nice, even to...gasp...apologize to MyGuy for being a grump. The rest of today is going to be lovely. :-)







From Dr Phil's book: "You can create an internal dialogue that is healthy, constructive, and joyful."

My verse for today: "Love is patient, love is kind..."

My quote for today: "If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come." Chinese proverb

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Loretta, thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on your 84 lb weight loss, thats fantastic!
I was going to follow your blog but you have no followers thingy...so I think I can still follow by adding you to the dashboard though...gonna go try that.
PS...I fed Hampy..ha ha

antgirl said...

4 lbs is incredible! You go!

We all get frustrated. You're in good company. Know that. When I thought about how I am lucky to have an issue with food choices [as some folks would just love some food] my attitude changed completely. So, you go with that, too. :)

Like the hampy. HOw cute!

Retta said...

Thanks, Mary and Nancy! It was fun to have the great loss in one week...wish I could do that every week, but that is unrealistic. But it made me smile this week!

Mary, that is so true about putting things in perspective. I hadn't really thought about it in those terms...lucky to be able to even HAVE a choice with food...yes...we are blessed in this country.
Thanks,
Loretta

Related Posts with Thumbnails