Thursday, December 23, 2010

DAY 497 Hottie Update & Optimism

Ho Ho Ho Journal & Friends,


Getting a late start on today's update for the Hot 100 Challenge.


Basically, I had a nice week! Perfect, nope, not even close. But a NICE week. I reigned in the calories and did well there. I got MOST of my vitamins taken. The only one not up to snuff is the exercise.

But the biggest thing I was happy about was of a different nature... in the category of "aha". Something had been niggling at me... just out of reach. I couldn't put my finger on why it's been so hard, and why it felt like an uphill battle to get enthusiastic again.

Last night it hit me... it was actually nothing new. It was that old "all or nothing" mentality trying to say "Why try, the Challenge is almost over, the year is almost over... just coast until the New Year."

Oh no! Please say it ain't so! I didn't REALLY fall for that old trick?!! 



But yeah, I can see now that I did. I was just waiting for it to "be over", and then I would start a new push, a fresh start, in January.

Instead, I have decided to "practice" up for the new year, the fresh start! I may have bombed out as far as my Hot 100 goals... but I am not quitting. I am continuing, and going out with a bang!

I am going to remind myself that every decision counts. Every effort helps move me a little bit closer to my goal. It matters! 

It will all add up in the end. I am not going to beat myself up for the missed opportunity the Challenge had offered. Instead, focus on what I CAN do with good choices.

And I feel good about that... hopeful and optimistic.

Photobucket

From Dr Phil's book: "Continue to press on with an optimistic spirit."

My verse for today: "When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way."

My quote for today: "The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't." --Henry Ward Beecher

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

16 comments:

Lanie said...

oh, I love this post and I especially love the Beecher quote at the end. thanks so much for sharing!

Anne H said...

The Blog Challenges are good.
Even great!
But/and they are a microcosm
of the REAL challenges we face
every minute of every day!
And weight-loss is just the cover story!
The real change is what happens inside
our minds and hearts.
When we finally chose "light"
instead of "heat!" in so many forms.
Peaceful Holidays to you, Loretta!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, girlfriend! I, for one, have written this week off--but not the year. I intend to hit it hard beginning Monday. You are one step ahead. :) Deb

Joy said...

You go girl!!! You can do this!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Christine said...

Just wanted to drop in and say Merry Christmas loretta to you and your family. Will be back on the 26th.
Have a great holiday!

financecupcake said...

You get an A for attitude, as usual! It is so hard not to throw in the towel when you see you won't meet a goal. I keep telling myself that the real goal is to be lighter and healthier, and I know what behaviors will get me there. Coasting is so eeeeeasy though! You are awesome for keeping things in gear through the end of the year.

E. Jane said...

I loved this post! Just dropped in to say Merry Christmas. Keep the faith--we can do this!

From another Dr. Phil fan--Jane

Diana said...

I fall into that same boat all the time too, all or nothing. There just doesn't seem to be in "in-between" for me. If it's not 100%, then it's 0% for me. It's a hard habit to overcome, trying to be perfect all the time. It's also impossible to do. :)

You know Loretta, there will ALWAYS be another challenge waiting for you. I bet on Jan. 1, there'll be zillions of them!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Start now, there is no hidden force that will make January any easier than now. Start now, don't eat cookies and junk for Christmas. It's just food and you don't need it. Seriously, start now. Be serious and do something and you will have success! :-)

Anonymous said...

"The difference between perseverance and obstinancy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't." I love this quote! Thank you for sharing it, Loretta, and I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas! *Hugs*

blank said...

Good for you!! End with a bang! What a g reat attitude, I love it. That is what so many of us get cought up in, temporary miss and then to the "start over" thing. Big missed oppurtunity. Awesome that you did reign in your attitude and are gonna get it done :)

Karen said...

Oh great post. I have this little voice in my head that has just wanted to get through the holidays. Sigh.

Julie said...

You've got it girl, you've had it all along it just hard to see at times. You will end this year with a bang and start next year will all the new things you've learned this year. I know you'll get to your goals, I have much faith in you!!
Now take care and have an awesome and blessed Christmas. God Bless you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Loretta,
I came over to see what you were about. I'm so glad I did.I've been going through a lot of change this year too, working on weight loss as well as changes in thought patterns. I appreciate what a challenge it can be.
Bright blessings to you this holiday season,
Sue

Michele said...

You have made terrific progress this year. Yes, every decision counts. Stay strong, my blogger friend, through this wonderful season. Merry Christmas, Michele

PeacefulBird said...

oh, smart you!!!!
practice now
for the year ahead
what a concept

retta kat
you are such a blessing
merry christmas

Related Posts with Thumbnails