Hello Journal & Friends,
I'm feeling very thankful. VERY thankful.
Friday evening, MyGuy did some painting out on the screened-in patio... hung up plastic sheeting over the screening, then plugged in a heater to help the paint dry in this cold weather.
Time to go to bed... but MyGuy wants to leave the heater on to dry the paint. Me... kinda NOT wanting to do that. Didn't feel it was safe... can you guess where this is going??
Naturally, MyGuy does his thing. We go to sleep.
Next morning, the horrendous smell of hot/melted wire and plastic greets me in my studio.
After much searching, my super-duper sense of smell isolates the source, right down to which wall. The Nose knows!!
Yes... we narrowly avoided having THIS happen to us while we slept.
An electrician friend said it sounded like a loose connection that was arcing and sparking in the electrical wires of the wall plug, inside the wall... and it burned a little, then went out.
God has mercy and grace on us, even when we make dumb mistakes. He bailed us out of this one, and I am feeling very very grateful.
Enjoying the journey and God's loving mercy,