Friday, March 16, 2012

MAR 16th The Headless Husband

Hello Journal & Friends,


Well, I gone an' dun it. I bit his head off this morning! Yep, MyGuy went to work headless. 



See, JUST LAST NIGHT I decided to memorize a verse. Yep, you know what's coming. Now folks... you don't have to be a Bible thumping Christian to benefit from the wisdom of this verse. Here she be:

Whatever is true, 
whatever is noble,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable
-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-
think about such things.


Well OF COURSE I had my commitment tested this morning. Of course. Sigh. And I failed this first test. 

After said husband did the typical annoying Husband Stuff, I was in the kitchen fixing his two meals to take to work. I was grumbling to myself and thinking on what was NOT right, what was NOT noble, what was NOT admirable, etc etc etc. Yep.

Then it struck me what a coinkydink it was that we haven't had a fight in ages, and now it happens the morning after I decide to clean up my thinking! Just great. 

What does this have to do with weight loss? Everything!! It's my thinking that gets me into trouble. My thinking, not my circumstances, leads me down the drain. And that used to lead me to the kitchen to soothe or escape it all. That's why I thought, hey, I'll memorize this great verse, and it will magically transform me. 

Okay, so I didn't expect it to be effortless. But it still comes down to choice. I didn't have to sit there stewing in my own juices, rehearsing all his flaws. I did it because I felt hurt and justified doing it, and was feeling such the martyr! I was polishing my own halo. 

What's my point? This journey takes effort. Choices. Commitment. And if anyone thinks they will get there and not make any mistakes, they're delusional. :-D

Oh yeah... and Chris, at A Deliberate Life,  talked about me in her post on Wednesday! :-O

Okay, not really. But I saw myself in her pattern analysis. I was tired of counting those pesky little calories, and for two weeks I tried to tell myself I didn't need to. But... I do. So I'm back at it. It's a useful tool and I probably won't have to do it forever. So instead of grumbling about it, I'm working at feeling thankful to have a helpful tool.

Thanks, Chris. ;-)



My book quote for today: "I can only be defeated if I give up or die." --Richard Machowicz, Unleash The Warrior Within

My verse for today: "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."

My quote for today: "Work each day on your thoughts rather than concentrating on your behavior. It is your thinking that creates the feeling that you have and ultimately your actions as well." --Wayne Dyer

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

DAY 942

10 comments:

MargieAnne said...

I think there might be a lot of headless husbands around. Fortunately they seem to recover but not necessarily improve.

I'm trying .... not hard enough, to get my feet to walk out the door. I'll follow if only they'll get moving.

May your day become ever increasingly true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable and make it easy to consider all things as excellent or praiseworthy-
thinking about such things is all joy.

I think you should be dreaming up one of your art works around this verse. *smile*

Blessings.

M Pax said...

lol Husbands have it coming every now and then. I shouldn't laugh. You can always hand him his head when he comes home.

What happened to my sister last year changes my thinking might quick when I need to. I think: Would I rather be annoyed or have no husband to annoy me.

Happy weekend, Loretta! :D

Nanette N. said...

poor husband! I hope you can reattach it later today. :)

Anonymous said...

Husbands. sigh.

Bill and I went shopping today. My first trip to buy clothes since the great regain. :{ It was horrible.

Anyway.

I found a blouse that I really liked AND was on sale AND h ad NO wrinkles whatsoever. :D I could wear it Sunday. I made sure the sales clerk had put it in the bag nicely.

Bill bought jeans and was going out for a smoke. I h anded him my careful little bag an, by the top, and said, "Here. Put this in the car when you go ouit." He said he would.

Later he met me in the next store. I was busy trying to find pants. ack.

Much later, as we were walking to the car, I notice he has a little white BALL-shaped bag clutched in his big hand. I asked what he had. IT WAS MY BLOUSE!!!!! It didn't weigh much, so instead of taking the time to stick it in the car, he just balled it up and carried it around. :o

His head remains, but my tongue is bitten.

Deb

Retta said...

Well, actually last nite right before I fell asleep, I jotted down a note with a messy sketch for a painting... and I'm going to use your suggestion and put scriptures around the edge. Thanks for the great idea, Anne!

Retta said...

You'd think I'd remember things like what your sister went through. And my own niece a year ago. Yet in my own self-righteous indignation, all I was thinking about was ME! Thanks for the reminder, it is so true. Even with his "few" flaws, he's still a keeper. :-)

Retta said...

I'll be sure to be extra sweet when he blindly gropes his way in the door this evening. I'll attach it with a kiss. :-)

Retta said...

Ack!! Bill and Jim MUST be related, LOL!!!

Christine said...

lol, My poor husband has had his hands full the last two weeks with two women..me and my oldest..And you ain't the only one who spotted herself in the pattern...I have that pattern engraved and sitting in file folders. lol. oh and you will say you are sorry when he walks in and he'll say 'what for' Guys are like that.

Anne H said...

Hugs and stuff to you!
Actually - that's pretty profound!

Related Posts with Thumbnails