Friday, February 4, 2011

FEB 4 Attitude Transformation & Friday Favorites

Hello Journal & Friends,



MyGuy has been off work most of this week sick. Sigh..... so much for "my" schedule and the infamous Checklist Experiment (here). 

I started the day off feeling frustrated. Then I read a newsletter I get from Dr Mercola, and it included this adorable video. It was peaceful and calming... and I admit, it transformed my attitude, and that reminded me I have a choice as to how I respond to my circumstances. I wonder why that is so easy to forget!?! 


"A Friend Like You"


From Dr Phil's book: "Be realistic about what you can control and what you can't."

My verse for today: "In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed."

My quote for today: "Thoughts are things. Negativity is what kills you... It's tough to do, but you've got to work at living, you know? Most people work at dying, but anybody can die; the easiest thing on this earth is to die. But to live takes guts; it takes energy, vitality, it takes thought... You've got to be strong to overcome these adversities... that's why I never stop." --Jack LaLanne, at age 84

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=

DAY 539


11 comments:

PeacefulBird said...

It IS so easy to forget that we have a choice about our attitude... always! Thanks for the reminder. Wish I could watch the video... I started it and can see it looks really cute!

Here's to attitude revision!

Cheers, PB

aec5940 said...

Hi Loretta,
Just wanted to say - I'm loving the quotes from Jack LaLanne. I know who he is, but not a lot about him as his TV shows and such were before my time, but it's obvious he has such an amazing attitude! No wonder he lived so long and was in such good shape! He put his heart and mind into something he loved and felt passionate about, and obviously kept a positive attitude. We (and by "we" I mean "I") could learn a lot from him. Thanks for the quotes!

M Pax said...

Oh, it is easy to forget. But with effort we can create a new response.

I had a disappointment today. Instead of moping, I see the silver lining and made a new plan. It stuns me, too. lol

You'll figure it out. You're doing better than you think, I think. If you compare your reactions and responses now to what they once were, aren't they different? Maybe not as different as you'd like yet, but progress is progress. Don't sneer at it.

Anne H said...

Hi, hi dear -
Love ya, ya know!
It's all good.
Bounce back.
It's all good.
Forgive the past.
And let it go.
For it is gone!
Glad to see ya bouncing back!

Unknown said...

Loved that video - thanks for sharing it!

dailyseeking said...

Great Video!

Anonymous said...

Loved this. :D I don't think I've ever seen a rabbit with his tongue out! All of the shots were adorable. I'll have to show it to Kenna tomorrow. Deb

pinkvision said...

That video reminded me that we find often friends in the unlikeliest places...as you say, it is all about how one perceives the situation.

Lovely to watch, thank you.

Christine said...

I just quoted that bit to my girsl...we were talking about noah (the little boy on my blog) and the kids thought it was too sad to talk about. I said...like jack said "we have to focus on living...we are all dying..but choose to focus on living. I love that.
It's a great attitude.
I am glad you turned the corner.

Joy said...

I have had trouble at times keeping my attitude in the right place. There were days where my attitude was in the toilet. Then one day, I decided that I would plan out my week. Each day I would pick 1 thing to do that brings me joy. So when the blue mornings came or I could not get my attitude in check, I'd think about the day and the 1 fun thing I'd get to do that day. It so works for me! All of a sudden I would be energized for the day. Word of warning...don't think to much about the fun thing you get to do at night...I do that and I can't sleep.

Keep focued my friend!!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I started out this weekend very frustrated. Caitlin didnt get a part in the school musical Grease, and is depressed, the auditions were 3 days long and she sang and danced her heart out and yet some other kids, less talented got the parts. My hubby is nervous about which job to take and chose one and is nervous to put in his notice at his old horrible job. The old horrible job did not pay him on Friday like they were supposed to, so no money this weekend to reward my kids for their good report cards.......I couldnt sleep last night, I kept waking up to yawn and this made me worry about my lungs and remind me of my pulm. emb. a few years back. Stressing about the tooth they cant numb.......But somehow this weekend is turning out ok. I am trying to be positive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails