Sunday, October 17, 2010

DAY 430 NOT a Day of Rest & NOT My Favorite Photo!


Hi Journal & Friends,

Taking today to get lots of little loose ends tied up before my hand surgery tomorrow, so I guess it's turning out to NOT be a day of rest.



A while back someone had a post about our drivers licenses, and I went and dug mine out. Yikes! I realized that it was old and needed updating.



Thing is... I lied. If you knew me in real life, you would know the one thing I hate most of all is a Liar. It is the ultimate in disrespect to be lied to! But here, on my license... yes, I had lied. I just wouldn't do it... I just wouldn't tell them 400 something! I think I was around 425, I'm not sure.

But I justified my lie by telling myself the I would "soon" be 398, so it was okay. Uh huh. Here then is the infamous Drivers License pic:

(can click to enlarge)


And guess what? That is the self-same red shirt I have on here, about 95 pounds later, LOL! Yeah... I need some new clothes!



Not sure when I'll be feeling like typing much again. Maybe soon, maybe not. I'll just play it by ear and see how my hand heals up.


Today's Peek at the Past (Interesting... tomorrow is my hand surgery, and in this post I was talking about losses that have interfered with my art. Yet, I still am here and still create. I am like the Borg Seven of Nine: I will adapt!)

From Day 69, October 17, 2009:

...after making peace with my Mom's death, I arrived at a turning point. I revamped my goals, and made discoveries about myself based on the answers to these questions:
  • what do I enjoy?
  • what makes me smile?
  • what makes me feel good?
  • what makes me feel satisfied, fulfilled?
  • what is "worth it", of eternal value, not a wasted life?
  • what makes me feel "this is ME", this is who I am supposed to be in this life?
When things in life slam us in the face, and bring us to our knees, if we allow it there can rise up from the experience a newness...a sort of rebirth. This can be ours if we take the time to look at our life... to heal... to ask questions... to slow down and THINK, and reflect, and LISTEN to the answers.

(For complete post "Ask the Questions, Listen for the Answers" click HERE


From Dr Phil's book: "I do not want you to think too much about the number of pounds you want to lose. What I want you to focus on is requiring more of yourself, starting right now."

My verse for today: "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

My quote for today: "Deja-Moo:  The feeling that you've heard this bull before."

Enjoy the Journey,

Loretta
=^..^=


Related Posts with Thumbnails