Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mentally Tuff Stuff

Read a wonderful article called "8 Things All Mentally Strong People Do", from Tommy Newberry.  The complete article is HERE.

Sometimes I "know" something is true intellectually, yet don't "feel" it is true. My emotions haven't caught up with what I say I believe. Maybe because I don't believe it deep in my heart? I still have doubts? 

When push comes to shove, we always act on the stuff we truly believe, not what we "say" we believe. In other words, our actions will usually "out" us as to what we really believe, deep down inside (I call it believing in my Heart; your terminology may vary).



Here is a great quote from the article:

"See yourself as a child of God. You are God’s special enterprise! Work to recognize that fact emotionally—not just intellectually. If you keep thinking of yourself the way you used to be, that is exactly what you will continue to be." 
--Tommy Newberry

The article is written from a faith-based point of view, namely Christian. Yet even if you have a different belief system, the values are still extremely healthy and useful.

I've been reading different thoughts about so-called mental toughness for years. Probably because I see that it's something I need more of! Hope this helps someone else, too.

Still on the journey,


Retta

2 comments:

debby said...

Just checked in and discovered you are still here! I'm always glad to see a post from you, and I hope your newest venture with the support group will be just the thing you need.

Retta said...

Thanks, Debby. We've had our 2nd weekly teleconference call, with support chat online in-between. Honestly, I wasn't too sure how it would all help. But it is! Somehow, posting our daily goals and supporting each other systematically is getting me back to a routine, and it's very encouraging. And even the scale is finally budging in the right direction. Yippee!

Related Posts with Thumbnails