I've been listening to a podcast over and over by Eric Thomas (ET the HipHopPreacher). This was the first video of 2012... he does this every Monday. Wow... I'm looking forward to Mondays! I converted it to audio only, so I could listen on my iPod. Gotta love technology. :-)
ET is a high energy motivational speaker, and I'm finding what he says to be a challenge. A challenge to my preconcieved mindset. A challenge to make this the year of DOING. A challenge to up my game, and take my efforts to the next level. He says to accept the challenge!
The challenge to change my thinking about emotional pain... to redefine my how I interpret it. To give it a positive definition, rather than to look at it as something to run away from... and in my case, my lifelong habit was to run away from pain and dive into the food for escape.
Snippets from the video:
- ET says to redefine "pain"!
- Change our mindset, how we think about emotional pain.
- To see it as the doorway thru which you must go through to reach success.
- That without struggle, there is no progress.
- To remember that on the other side of pain is success.
- All roads to success go through pain.
- And there are no shortcuts to that success.
- If you can outlast that discomfort, I guarantee you that on the other side of it is success.
- Change how you see pain... I want you to welcome it.
- How comfortable can you be with being uncomfortable.
- Take your weakness and turn it into a strength, and you will take it to the next level.
- Start doing things that you've never done before... start giving stuff a try.
- You've got to embody excellence.
- Every single day you wake up, you've got to give it all you've got!
- Don't fool yourself into thinking this year will be better than last year if you're still making excuses.
- You cannot cheat success. You've gotta work for it. You've gotta breathe it, you've gotta sleep it, you've gotta eat it. You've gotta put forth 120%!
- For the butterfly to fly, it's gotta go through the cocoon process... there's no way around it.
Speaking of choosing... I chose the butterfly image for my new header at the top of this blog BEFORE I listened to this talk. This butterfly is from a series I painted that I called my Transformation Series. It's very meaningful to me... so now you know why this talk grabbed my attention. :-) I want 2012 to be my year to bust out of the cocoon and fly!
(can click to enlarge)
From Dr Phil's book: "When you are on the right track, there is an enormous energy that uplifts you."
My verse for today: "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."
My quote for today: "Right thinking begins with the words we say to ourselves." --James Allen
Enjoy the Journey,